1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Meteor Garden Problem

1. Aug 26, 2009 #1
    Meteor Garden Problem :(

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    Hi Guys.. I am really having a trouble in physics.. :( I really can' t solve uniform accelerated motion problems correctly. Can someone help me? please.. Our teacher gave this Meteor Problem. Help Please.

An unforgettable scene from “Meteor Garden”
    San Chai was holding a bag of lemons when she saw Dao Ming Xi in a bus moving at a constant velocity of 1.5 m/s. She stood still mixed in an array of emotions. Then, as the bus was about 15 m away, she ran to catch up, accelerating at a rate of 0.40m/s2. If she continued to running and did not trip over, how long would it have took her to catch up?

2. Relevant equations

the four kinematic equation

3. The attempt at a solution

idk

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 26, 2009 #2

Cyosis

Homework Helper

Re: Meteor Garden Problem :(

Forum rules state that you have to provide an attempt at a solution or at the very least try to describe exactly where the problem lies and why you can't continue from there. You haven't even put the effort into listing the equations.

You will need two equations one for the bus and one for San Chai. Which two equations do you think you will need and why? Write them out in formula form and explain the variables to me.

Answering with 'idk' is not allowed!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook