1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Meteorology - Omega Equation

1. Oct 10, 2007 #1
    I'm trying to apply the Omega Equation to a set of surface data. Can anyone further break down the omega equation into its individual parts and give formula's to solve them.
    In particular parts like the geostrophic vorticity

[​IMG]

I've so far managed to find the geostrophic wind and static stability.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 29, 2011 #2
    The first thing I thought of when I saw this was "Holy @#$%!" I was just looking up some meteorology formulas, and this is the first one I came upon. Good luck, though, it looks like a mathematical nightmare.

Is it for a college class, or are you doing it on your own? If it is a college class, maybe you can ask the instructor for some help. Or maybe you could ask some fellow students. You wouldn't have to wait for help that way.

Sorry I couldn't help with your problem, but I thought these suggestions might help you get help sooner.

4. Sep 29, 2011 #3
    I feel silly now, I just realized this was from nearly 4 years ago.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?