Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Michael Moore's letter to George W. Bush

1. Apr 7, 2003 #1
    You know, Michael Moore won an Academy Award for his documentary film, "Bowling for Columbine" (I haven't seen the film).

See his letter to George W. Bush at:

I'm not so much agreed to his US-centered view but like what he's so frank and straight said in the face of a politician who, like other politicians, will turn out to have been a major factor in homo sapiens inevitable soon-to-happen extinction in near future.
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 7, 2003 #2
    He speaks with a lot of rage. He makes a lot of good points, but I think they would be better appreciated if "seasoned with salt".
  4. Apr 7, 2003 #3

Science Advisor

*deleted because of Physics Forums Guideline violations*
    Live long and prosper (most of you... ).
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2003
  5. Apr 7, 2003 #4

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

thank you for sharing, i enjoyed the letter...
  6. Apr 7, 2003 #5
    I like the letter to.
  7. Apr 7, 2003 #6
    So you disagree with this "psycho"?
  8. Apr 7, 2003 #7
    Interesting, but I personally think most of the members here could write a better and more convicing letter. I don't like michael moore as a start, his phoney movie and his little oscar prank was lame.
  9. Apr 7, 2003 #8
    Well thank you (on behalf of those members you were actually refering to):smile: .
  10. Apr 7, 2003 #9
    It it was a publicity stunt for Michael Moore's huge self-righteous ego. I'd bet that no one even close to bush has read that letter.
  11. Apr 7, 2003 #10
    i have never been a fan of Michael Moore but personally i think his intentions are honorable, although is actions do leave much to be desired. as for Bush reading the letter; i'll bet no one close to Bush even wants him to see it, and i doubt the man sees much aside from what his advisers put in his face.
  12. Apr 7, 2003 #11

Science Advisor

Disagree ? With what ?
    To disagree I need to hear something that
    makes sense. This guy is just full of sh*t
    and he's playing it like a dirty entertainer
    because the more attention such people
    manage to get the more they're worth.
    Look at Monica - "poor" girl's really working
    hard - crying at every lecture. Who wouldn't, if
    it makes your bank account swell so much.

Live long and prosper.
  13. Apr 7, 2003 #12
    well people who do not really care about making their back account swell, duh!
  14. Apr 7, 2003 #13
    I think I just might be stupider now having read that then before I did so. Michael Moore is a money driven physco who wouldn't recognize truth if it hit him over the head. I think perhaps a line from Adam Sandlers classic "Billy Madison" best sums up what I like to tell him if I ever had the unfortunate chance of meeting him.
    Man that was a good movie!
  15. Apr 7, 2003 #14
    but the guy who said that got his ass kicked!
  16. Apr 7, 2003 #15
    Agreed on all of those.
  17. Apr 7, 2003 #16
    The principal? No he didn't. At least not that I remember, am I forgetting something. I though Billy's reply to it was just looking up with a shamed look and saying "A simple no would've worked just fine." I don't remember him beating him up or anything.
  18. Apr 7, 2003 #17

Well... opinions obviously differ. :wink: Needless to say he is a contraversial figure.
  19. Apr 7, 2003 #18
    ah, fair enough climbhi; i was thinking of the seen with the science teacher.
  20. Apr 7, 2003 #19
    That was actually very stupid. Isn't the public support for the President and the war over 50%? Not 51% either, a considerable amount over it.

Another point people often use against Bush is he isn't fighting in the war. You must have someone leading the war, and leading the country at all times, wouldn't make sense to have the man leading our country in Iraq fighting a war. And joining the Army has, since the draft, been a free choice, the men and woman that join know there is a chance of a war, and therefore, a chance to go to the war and perhaps give you life, that is the risk of the job, they chose it, I respect their decisions, and I would join the Army too if I could. Anyways, Michael Moore is an idiot
  21. Apr 7, 2003 #20
    So? He's the liberal version of Rush Limbaugh, I guess...except he lies alot less.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?