Michigan Schools: Physics Major, 2.7 GPA, 25 ACT

• Schools
  • Thread starter Eco
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Schools
In summary, the recommended schools for a physics major in Michigan with a 2.7 GPA and 25 ACT score are Central Michigan University, Michigan State, Eastern Michigan, and Northern Michigan. University of Michigan may be a reach, but the others should be manageable. Michigan Tech is also a good option, but the weather may be a factor. Additionally, it is recommended to apply to around 10 schools, as this is a common number for students.
Eco
Can anyone tell me the schools that I should be trying for. For a physics major in Michigan? I have a 2.7 GPA in high school and I got a 25 on the ACT.

Any help is appreciated.

Physics news on Phys.org
Central Michigan University, Michigan State, East Michigan and North Michigan.

Michigan State may be a reach. I would try for U of Michigan, but your chances are on the lower side. I think you can definitely make it into the others. Michigan State has a pretty solid Engineering and Physics Program (and sports). The rest should be a breeze. CMU will probably serve you better as a physics major, but I don't know for a fact. My knowledge of Michigan Schools fades after Michigan State and University of Michigan (I am applying to both this year for Physics/Engineering, but I am a New Yorker)

Alright, thanks a lot for the help.

My girlfriends family lives in Michigan. I can probably get more info on the Northern, Central, Eastern, etc situation if you want me to.

Any kind of information is appreciated.

Take a look into Michigan Tech too.

All of the Michigan Schools are pretty solid in there own right. I wouldn't be ashamed to go to any of them. I hear Michigan Tech is really good, but its also really cold :P.

haha, it is really good and it's only really cold 6 months out of the year, but they make the most out of it. Just look up winter carnival...it's legendary

I should also mention that I'm a grad student at MTU, so my opinion is a little biased.

How many schools do people usually apply for?

im applying to 10

What are the admission requirements for a physics major at Michigan schools?

The admission requirements for a physics major at Michigan schools may vary, but generally, a minimum GPA of 2.7 and a minimum ACT score of 25 are required. Additionally, strong performance in math and science courses is also important.

What opportunities are available for physics majors at Michigan schools?

Michigan schools offer a variety of opportunities for physics majors, including research projects, internships, and participation in physics clubs and organizations. There are also often opportunities for students to work as teaching or research assistants.

What is the job outlook for physics majors from Michigan schools?

The job outlook for physics majors from Michigan schools is generally promising. With a strong foundation in critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills, physics majors are highly sought after in fields such as engineering, research, and data analysis.

What is the curriculum like for a physics major at Michigan schools?

The curriculum for a physics major at Michigan schools typically includes courses in classical mechanics, quantum mechanics, thermodynamics, and electromagnetism, among others. There may also be opportunities for students to specialize in specific subfields of physics, such as astrophysics or biophysics.

What resources are available for physics majors at Michigan schools?

Michigan schools offer a variety of resources for physics majors, including well-equipped labs, access to research facilities, and opportunities for hands-on learning. There are also often resources available for students to seek out academic and career advising, as well as networking opportunities with alumni and professionals in the field.