1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Michigan Schools

1. Sep 27, 2009 #1

Eco

Can anyone tell me the schools that I should be trying for. For a physics major in Michigan? I have a 2.7 GPA in high school and I got a 25 on the ACT.

Any help is appreciated.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 27, 2009 #2
    Central Michigan University, Michigan State, East Michigan and North Michigan.

Michigan State may be a reach. I would try for U of Michigan, but your chances are on the lower side. I think you can definately make it into the others. Michigan State has a pretty solid Engineering and Physics Program (and sports). The rest should be a breeze. CMU will probably serve you better as a physics major, but I don't know for a fact. My knowledge of Michigan Schools fades after Michigan State and University of Michigan (I am applying to both this year for Physics/Engineering, but I am a New Yorker)

4. Sep 27, 2009 #3

Eco

Alright, thanks a lot for the help.

5. Sep 27, 2009 #4
    My girlfriends family lives in Michigan. I can probably get more info on the Northern, Central, Eastern, etc situation if you want me to.

6. Sep 27, 2009 #5

Eco

Any kind of information is appreciated.

7. Sep 28, 2009 #6
    Take a look into Michigan Tech too.

8. Sep 28, 2009 #7
    All of the Michigan Schools are pretty solid in there own right. I wouldn't be ashamed to go to any of them. I hear Michigan Tech is really good, but its also really cold :P.

9. Sep 28, 2009 #8
    haha, it is really good and it's only really cold 6 months out of the year, but they make the most out of it. Just look up winter carnival...it's legendary

I should also mention that I'm a grad student at MTU, so my opinion is a little biased.

10. Sep 28, 2009 #9

Eco

How many schools do people usually apply for?

11. Sep 28, 2009 #10
    im applying to 10

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook