Antibiotics Investigation with White Tray: What is it Called?

In summary, the conversation discussed the use of a white tray for an antibiotics investigation. The individual was unsure of the specific name for the tray, but it was suggested that it may be called an "ELISA test plate" or a "lab bench tray." The conversation also mentioned the use of trays with disposable liners for assays using radiolabeled substances. Ultimately, the individual decided to simply refer to the tray as a "white tray" for their investigation.
garytse86
I used a white tray to work on for my antibiotics investigation. What is the tray called? :frown:

Biology news on Phys.org
I believe what you are referring to is called an "ELISA test plate" :smile:

-iggybaseball

the one you put on the lab benches right? Just used as an area to work on

I'm really not sure what you're referring to. Are you sure it isn't just a tray?

it is. but has the "stupid" white tray got a name? because i am writing up an investigation, and my teacher said name the tray.....

I use trays such as these available from Atlantic Nuclear Corp. for assays using radiolabeled substances. They have a clear disposable liner molded to fit the lipped base and are designed to contain spills and facilitate clean-up/decontamination . The ones I use are yellow to designate radiation hazard, but they are available in white, perhaps this is at least similar to what you were using?

lol that's too advanced for me.

I just called it a white tray... thank you everybody for your time and help :)

1. What is an "Antibiotics Investigation with White Tray"?

An "Antibiotics Investigation with White Tray" is a scientific experiment or study that involves testing the effectiveness of different antibiotics on bacteria using a white tray as a testing surface. It is a common method used in microbiology and pharmaceutical research.

2. How does the white tray help with the investigation?

The white tray provides a flat and sterile surface for conducting the investigation. It allows for easy visualization of bacterial growth and makes it easier to measure and compare the effects of different antibiotics.

3. What types of antibiotics are usually used in this investigation?

The types of antibiotics used in this investigation can vary depending on the purpose of the study. However, commonly used antibiotics include penicillin, amoxicillin, tetracycline, and erythromycin. These antibiotics have different mechanisms of action and are effective against a wide range of bacteria.

4. What are the potential benefits of conducting an "Antibiotics Investigation with White Tray"?

The potential benefits of this investigation include discovering new antibiotics or improving the effectiveness of existing ones. It can also provide valuable information about bacterial resistance and the development of new treatments for bacterial infections.

5. Are there any ethical considerations to keep in mind when conducting this investigation?

Yes, there are ethical considerations when conducting an "Antibiotics Investigation with White Tray." It is important to use proper safety protocols to prevent the spread of bacteria and to use antibiotics responsibly to avoid contributing to antibiotic resistance. Additionally, any research involving animals or human subjects must be approved by an ethics committee.