Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Microbiology Practical

  1. Mar 17, 2005 #1
    I used a white tray to work on for my antibiotics investigation. What is the tray called? :frown:
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 17, 2005 #2
    I believe what you are referring to is called an "ELISA test plate" :smile:

  4. Mar 17, 2005 #3
    the one you put on the lab benches right? Just used as an area to work on
  5. Mar 17, 2005 #4


    User Avatar
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

    I'm really not sure what you're referring to. Are you sure it isn't just a tray?
  6. Mar 17, 2005 #5
    it is. but has the "stupid" white tray got a name? because i am writing up an investigation, and my teacher said name the tray.........................
  7. Mar 18, 2005 #6


    User Avatar
    Science Advisor

    I use trays such as these available from Atlantic Nuclear Corp. for assays using radiolabeled substances. They have a clear disposable liner molded to fit the lipped base and are designed to contain spills and facilitate clean-up/decontamination . The ones I use are yellow to designate radiation hazard, but they are available in white, perhaps this is at least similar to what you were using?
  8. Mar 18, 2005 #7
    lol thats too advanced for me.

    I just called it a white tray.... thank you everybody for your time and help :)
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook