1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Microfluidic reseacher or insurance underwriter?

Tags:
  1. Apr 11, 2010 #1
    Hi everyone,

I just want to know your opinion about the future of microfluidic application in the near future. The story is I will be interviewed for a position as a researcher in microfluidic. The job is a contract for two years and after that I have to find another position in industry.

I also have another option to work in insurance industry as a trainee marine underwriter or insurance broker. The company will pay for my education towards ACII (chartered Insurance certificate). I need to pass all the 11 exams and 8 assessment in a year to get this certificate and I will be tied down with the company for 3 years.

How would I choose between these two? Is anyone here an underwriter or work in insurance before. These two jobs are so much different.

The most important thing is how would you see microfluidic in a few year time from now?

2. jcsd
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted