Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Microfluidics with COMSOL

1. Apr 16, 2009 #1
    Hi everybody! first of all congratulations for the forum, you have very interesting things here! This is the first time that I write a question, and I would be soooo pleased if anyone could help me.

I am working with COMSOL multiphysics program, and I am trying to simulate the flux inside a microchanel that connects a microchamber and then exits through another microchanel. The problem itself is not complicated, but fluids is not my field and I am a bit lost with that... What I would like to know is which kind o flux regime I have to use (Stokes flow, laminar flow, non compresible flow, and so on...)
    Thanks to eerybody in advance!!!

2. jcsd
  3. May 30, 2011 #2
    Hi,

I know this is not an answer, only a question but my grad thesis subject is microflowmeter design in Comsol Multiphysics, I am at the beginning now. Could you please share your experiences about incompressible flows in Comsol? Or could you say me any literature and sources?

Many thanks from now.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook