Goodbye Micromass: PF Staff Member Retires

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, Micromass is retiring from the PF staff. He has put in an amazing amount of effort and it was a real pleasure building PF with him. We will miss him. A new mentor will be announced shortly.
Micromass is retiring :(

I am sad to announce that Micromass is leaving the PF staff. It is on his own accord for personal reasons. This loss will be very heavy to PF. We will certainly miss his leadership and project developments. He has put in an amazing amount of effort. It was a real pleasure building PF with him. I believe he has plans to stick around, but with whatever he chooses we wish him the very best! A new mentor will be announced shortly.

Physics news on Phys.org
Very sad indeed.

We love you mircomass.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

But I wish you the best, micro.

Unacceptable, at least on the long term. On the short term, we'll have to find a makeshift solution. :-(

Thanks for helping make PF the outstanding community it is Micro!

Thanks for all of your great work, micro! You will be sincerely missed.

Likes gracy
Sad. You were a great asset to the forum.

Thanks for all of your hard work Micromass and good luck in your future endeavours.

Thanks for all the help so far micromass. I'm talking with the voice of hundreds of students :) As long as you don't leave PF there is no catastrophe.

fluidistic said:
Thanks for all the help so far micromass. I'm talking with the voice of hundreds of students :) As long as you don't leave PF there is no catastrophe.
It will be dystopic, if not catastrophic, though. Micromass has been invaluable in mentor capacity. :-(

You will always remain my PhysicsForums husband, micromass. Always. :D

However, you will still be on the forum so see you in the chat. :-)

No one can replace you micro. You've done so much, helped so many people, touched so many lives. You are a trusted friend.

Did I forget outstanding mentor? :cry:

First the Pope, and now Micro. Who will guide us?

micromass has been barred from leaving this forum, following the signing of a decree.

Attachments

• CCF09042013_0001.pdf
    484.5 KB · Views: 291
StevieTNZ said:
micromass has been barred from leaving this forum, following the signing of a decree.
YEAH! Looks official and binding to me!

Noooooo!

It's all my fault... :cry:

I questioned his Belgianinity yesterday... :frown:

Evo said:
YEAH! Looks official and binding to me!

Sure is, babe. And micromass knows that severe punishment will occur if Speaker's rulings aren't obeyed.

I'll really miss the eggman. :cry:

Hey! He can't leave yet. He hasn't been around long enough to be vested in the PF retirement plan. He will be penniless. Oh, wait, I forgot. That is the PF retirement plan.

Good work Micromass and good luck with whatever's next.

I had to check the post date of this, just in case this is the thread necro'ed from a week ago.
Your banhammer in the forum will be missed, micro...

Sorry to see you go Micro.

But really, we let him go when we discovered he really is a 16yr old High School student. He's been faking it. :devil: :rofl:

I heard Stewart is throwing a party in his $24 million house for our loss of a REAL mathematician...our community has taken a big hit and we need to strike back

:cry:

I really hope you stick around, Micro. Should you choose to go another way, I sincerely wish you the best and thank you for all of your contributions to PF.

Dedicated to micromass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is he retiring?

Best of luck, Micromass, and thanks for all your help here!

Very sad to hear that , even though I'm new here micromass helped me tremendously in a short amount of time along with other helpers and mentors.

1. What is "Goodbye Micromass: PF Staff Member Retires" about?

"Goodbye Micromass: PF Staff Member Retires" is an article about a staff member at the pharmaceutical company Micromass who is retiring. It highlights their contributions to the company and their impact on the scientific community.

2. Why is this article important?

This article is important because it recognizes the achievements and contributions of a scientist who has dedicated their career to advancing scientific research and innovation.

3. Who is the retiring staff member?

The retiring staff member is not mentioned by name in the article, but they are described as a long-time employee and a highly respected scientist at Micromass.

4. What are some of the accomplishments of the retiring staff member?

The article mentions that the retiring staff member has been instrumental in the development of several groundbreaking technologies and has published numerous influential research papers in their field.

5. What will be the impact of the retiring staff member's departure?

The article notes that the retiring staff member's expertise and leadership will be greatly missed at Micromass, but their legacy will continue to inspire future scientists in the company and beyond.