Controlling Microorganisms: Methods Inside and Outside the Body"

• Thread starter DEWANA
  • Start date
In summary, Microorganisms can be controlled both outside and inside the body. Some of the ways they are controlled are by the innate and acquired immune system.
DEWANA
Microorganisms please help!

Hello guys...I hope You can help me Again! I just want to say first THANK YOU OF ALL OF YOU! YOu have help me very much !

I must answer this simple question but I can not find it anywhere...

The question is:

"List the ways in which Mircoorganisms can be controlled both outside and inside the body"

If someone knows where I can find this please let me know...

If its a book pleae tell me the book name or the Internet site

Thank U very much

Maria

Physics news on Phys.org
I'll try and give you some key words to look up: Inside the body we have an innate (non-specific) and acquired immune system. The acquired immune system is divided into the cell mediated and humeral (not sure on the spelling). The humeral (sp?) immune system is also called the antibody mediated immune system. Only the acquired immune system uses T-Cells. I'm pretty sure both types involve macrophages and other phagocytes that eat other cells.

The skin itself is a barrier to infection, as well as cilia in the upper respiratory tract which push out any foreign material including pathogens. Both of these would be characterized as non-specific defenses of the body.

You should get a microbiology textbook all the information you need will be in the first few pages of a chapter introducing the immune system. Fishing around on the internet will take much longer.

There are also podcasts from Biology courses that you can download for free from Itunes. Itunes is also free.

If you get it (or already use it), go to the "Itunes music store" in the left-hand column.

Wait, it may take a few minutes to upload,

Then in the search box (upper right-hand corner) type in "BIO 205". it may take a few minutes to search.

Then Itunes will bring up a a list of songs and audio and video files, but Above that there will be a section for Podcasts click "see all" and you should find one titled "BIO 205" click it, and you should then be able to download whichever lectures you want from the BIO 205 course (Microbiology) (the "itunesU" section is also helpful for finding lectures, btw).

1. What are microorganisms?

Microorganisms, also known as microbes, are tiny living organisms that are invisible to the naked eye. They include bacteria, viruses, fungi, and protozoa.

2. What is the importance of studying microorganisms?

Studying microorganisms is important for various reasons, including understanding their role in the environment, their impact on human health and disease, and their potential use in various industries such as food production and biotechnology.

3. How do microorganisms reproduce?

Microorganisms can reproduce through various methods, including binary fission, budding, spore formation, and sexual reproduction. The method of reproduction depends on the type of microorganism.

4. What are the different types of microorganisms?

There are five main types of microorganisms: bacteria, viruses, fungi, protozoa, and algae. Each type has its own unique characteristics and plays a different role in the environment.

5. How do microorganisms impact human health?

Microorganisms can have both positive and negative impacts on human health. Some microorganisms can cause diseases, while others can help our bodies fight off infections. Microorganisms also play a crucial role in the digestion of food and the production of certain vitamins in our bodies.