Microsoft Office 2007 Version

• Thread starter jojoba
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses converting Excel files from 2007 to 2003 versions and the impact of renaming the converted file. It is mentioned that the renaming does not change anything in the converted file, but using the compatibility pack or avoiding 2007-only features can help maintain standard formatting. Various options for opening and saving files, including using PDF or graphic formats, are also suggested. Additionally, a recommendation is made to use PDF Creator for creating PDF files.
jojoba
Hi,
This is a stupid question, but I just had to ask it:
I had an excel file made using MS 2007 version and had to convert it to 2003 version. I renamed the converted file once saved on my PC. Does that (renaming) change anything in the converted file?

Physics news on Phys.org
You lose all the 2007-only features. But you lost them when you did the conversion, not the renaming. If you want to keep it standard, either avoid 2007 features, or just install the compatibility pack on your Office 2000, 2003, or XP computers:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...70-3ae9-4aee-8f43-c6bb74cd1466&displaylang=en

NOTE that this pack just allows you to open .docx or .xlsx files, and save the same WITHOUT OFFICE 2007 ONLY features!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Matlab alot. I have converted the following file from .xlsx to .xls using an online converter... I am not sure if it is going to be displayed correctly in the compatibility mode. Would someone please open this and tell me if you see the data and the stress vs. strain plot?
Thanks again

Attachments

• Soufieh-Excel.xls
    46.5 KB · Views: 181
jojoba said:
Thanks Matlab alot. I have converted the following file from .xlsx to .xls using an online converter... I am not sure if it is going to be displayed correctly in the compatibility mode. Would someone please open this and tell me if you see the data and the stress vs. strain plot?
Thanks again

Nobody (in their right minds) is going to open that. Forget using the converters, just go File > Save As and save in Excel for Office 2000 / 2003 XP format. If you want a chart to show up the same regardless of who's looking at it, export it as a graphic or use Acrobat to print it to a .pdf file. There's also the program I use, PDF Creator, which acts as your plain jane PDF maker:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/

TIP: When you make your chart, have it plot in a new window, not embedded within a page of your spreadsheet.

1. What is Microsoft Office 2007 Version?

Microsoft Office 2007 Version is a software suite developed by Microsoft that includes various programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. It was released in 2007 and has since been replaced by newer versions of Microsoft Office.

2. What are the new features in Microsoft Office 2007 Version?

Some of the new features in Microsoft Office 2007 Version include a new user interface called the Ribbon, improved file compatibility, and the introduction of new programs such as Groove and OneNote.

3. Can I still use files created in older versions of Microsoft Office?

Yes, Microsoft Office 2007 Version is backward compatible with files from older versions of Microsoft Office. However, some formatting and features may not be fully supported.

4. Is Microsoft Office 2007 Version still supported by Microsoft?

No, Microsoft Office 2007 Version is no longer supported by Microsoft. Mainstream support ended in 2012 and extended support ended in 2017. It is recommended to upgrade to a newer version for continued support and security updates.

5. Can I install Microsoft Office 2007 Version on multiple devices?

Yes, Microsoft Office 2007 Version allows for installation on multiple devices, as long as it is for personal use. However, a valid license must be purchased for each installation.