Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Microsoft OneNote 2013

1. Oct 9, 2015 #1
    When I try to open OneNote from the icon in Outlook, ireceive the following error:

Before you can use this feature, OneNote must start for the first time. You can return here and try again after OneNote starts.

Anybody knows the solution to the my problem?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 9, 2015 #2
    Have you tried running OneNote by itself (not via Outlook) -- then trying to open it from Outlook?

4. Oct 10, 2015 #3
    This error can appear if you haven't started OneNote previously.
    To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
    Open OneNote:

In Windows 7, click the Start button, and then click All Programs. Click the Microsoft Office folder, and then double-click Microsoft OneNote.
    In Windows 8, open OneNote from the Apps menu.
    Close OneNote by clicking the red 'X' in the upper-right corner.
    Open Outlook, then open OneNote.

5. Oct 11, 2015 #4
  6. Jun 25, 2016 #5
    I have Onenote on my ASUS notebook computer, but have never used it. Is it similar to any version of Microsoft word? Also, how do you know what operating system your computer has? For about a dozen years I had XP, but I had a ransomware attack several weeks ago and took it off the net. My ASUS notebook has that new layout where there are rectangles, squares arrayed across the screen, that you can slide right and left.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted