Microsoft Word - Mathematical Equations Question

• Mathematica
  • Thread starter Dooga Blackrazor
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mathematical
In summary, the speaker is having trouble finding mathematical equations in Microsoft Word on their Windows XP computer. They have searched for a mathematical equation toolbar and followed instructions to locate it, but have been unsuccessful. They then mention using MathType 5.0 Equation Editor and ask for tips on marking equations in Word 2007.
Dooga Blackrazor
I have Windows XP and I cannot figure out how to find things like pie and square root in word. I searched and found something about a mathematical equation toolbar, but, when I follow the directions, there is no such toolbar.

Physics news on Phys.org
I went into Microsoft Word and did not find any such object, but the help file says one should exist under "Insert > Object > Microsoft Equation Editor." I use MathType 5.0 Equation Editor in Word or LaTeX and never used Microsoft's editor.

Try this:

Go to Add/Remove Programs, highlight Microsoft Office and click Change. Select Add or Remove Features, click Next, check the box saying "Choose advanced customization of applications" and make sure Word is checked off. Click Update. In the menu, expand the menu "Office Tools" and where it says "Equation Editor," change the left box to "Run from my computer." Finish the installation and you should have it.

Worked, thanks.

I want to mark the equation in word 2007. I tried as caption, but then I have to have same formating as for the figures. I want for caption of equation to be from the side and from the Figure under it. Eny tips? Thanks!

1. How do I insert mathematical equations in Microsoft Word?

To insert mathematical equations in Microsoft Word, go to the Insert tab and click on Equation. This will open a new toolbar with various tools for creating equations.

2. Can I type my own mathematical equations in Word?

Yes, you can type your own mathematical equations in Word by using the Equation feature. Simply click on Insert and then Equation, and type in your equation using the provided tools.

3. How do I edit or modify an existing equation in Word?

To edit or modify an existing equation in Word, simply click on the equation to select it and then click on the Design tab in the Equation toolbar. From here, you can use the various tools to modify the equation as needed.

4. Can I insert equations into a Word document using keyboard shortcuts?

Yes, you can use keyboard shortcuts to insert equations in Word. For example, to insert a fraction, you can use the shortcut Ctrl + /. To insert a subscript or superscript, you can use Ctrl + = and Ctrl + Shift + +, respectively.

5. How do I add mathematical symbols to my equations in Word?

To add mathematical symbols to your equations in Word, click on the Design tab in the Equation toolbar and then click on Symbols. Here, you can choose from a variety of mathematical symbols to add to your equation.