Create a Perfect Booklet Format in Microsoft Word: Tips and Tricks

• Thread starter tony873004
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses creating a booklet by printing two pages per sheet and then reloading the paper upside down to achieve a perfect booklet format. However, the issue of the pages being out of order is raised and a specific page arrangement is desired. The conversation concludes with finding a solution through a Google search.
tony873004
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I'd like to make a booklet. I notice that in the Print dialog box there is an option where I can have it print 2 pages per sheet. If I do this, and then load the paper back into the printer upside down, and print again, I have a perfect booklet format. I can simply fold the paper in half and staple it on the seem for an instant booklet.

Except...
the pages are out of order
If the booklet were 9 pages, I'd like the 1st sheet to contain pages 5 & 6, the 2nd sheet to contain 3 & 8, the 3rd sheet to contain 1 and 9, the 4th to contain 4 & 7... etc.

Is there any way to tell it to print like this?
Thanks!

Computer science news on Phys.org
I Googled and found it. Thanks anyway!

I would recommend using the "Book Fold" option in Microsoft Word to create a perfect booklet format. This option will automatically arrange the pages in the correct order for printing and folding. Additionally, you can use the "Print on Both Sides" option to ensure that the pages are printed on the correct side of the paper. If you are still experiencing issues with the page order, you can rearrange the pages manually by using the "Layout" tab and selecting "Page Setup" and then "Page Order" to adjust the page numbering. I hope this helps you create a professional and organized booklet format.

1. What is Microsoft Word and how does it work?

Microsoft Word is a word processing program developed by Microsoft. It allows users to create, edit, and format documents such as letters, reports, and resumes. It also includes features such as spell check, grammar check, and templates to make document creation easier.

2. How do I format text in Microsoft Word?

To format text in Microsoft Word, you can use the toolbar at the top of the document or the formatting options in the Home tab. You can change the font, size, color, alignment, and more using these tools.

3. Can I collaborate with others on a Microsoft Word document?

Yes, you can collaborate with others on a Microsoft Word document by using the "Share" feature. This allows multiple users to edit the same document simultaneously, making it easier to work on group projects or receive feedback from others.

4. Is it possible to recover a previous version of a document in Microsoft Word?

Yes, Microsoft Word has an "AutoRecover" feature that automatically saves versions of your document as you work. If your document is closed without saving or there is a power outage, you can recover the most recent saved version of your document from the "AutoRecover" folder.

5. How do I insert images or tables into a Microsoft Word document?

To insert images or tables into a Microsoft Word document, you can use the "Insert" tab and select the type of object you want to insert. You can also copy and paste images or tables from other sources such as the internet or another document.