Microsoft Word Viewer Download for Windows 7

• Thread starter cragar
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses trouble with downloading Microsoft's word viewer and the need for alternative options to view Word and Powerpoint documents. The suggested solution is to download from the official Microsoft website and follow installation instructions while ensuring that download managers and antivirus software are turned off. Other options include using LibreOffice or uploading documents onto Google Docs for editing and sharing. Windows 7 may also require administrator privileges for the installation.
cragar
I tried downloading Microsoft's word viewer from their website and it didn't work and I tried
re-downloading it. I need to be able to view word and power point stuff.
Do you guys know any good sites to download those. In the mean time I will google for other options. I am using windows 7

Computer science news on Phys.org
If should work if you get it from here
http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=4
and follow the installation instructions on the web page.

if you have any download managers, accelerators, etc, running on your computer, switch them off. You may need to switch off your antivirus software while you do the installation.

You might also need to be logged on as administrator (I don't run Win 7 so I'm not sure about that).

You can also upload them into Google Docs, and edit and share them.

I am not an expert in software or technology, but I can offer some suggestions. First, it is always important to make sure you are downloading software from a reputable source, such as the official Microsoft website. If you are having trouble downloading the word viewer from their website, you may want to try contacting their customer support for assistance.

Additionally, there are many alternative software options available for viewing Word and PowerPoint documents, such as Google Docs or LibreOffice. These may be worth exploring if you are having trouble with the Microsoft Word Viewer.

In terms of downloading software, it is always important to be cautious and make sure you are downloading from a trusted source. Be sure to research the website and read reviews before downloading any software. I would also recommend regularly updating your operating system and antivirus software to ensure the security of your computer.

1. What is Microsoft Word Viewer and what is its purpose?

Microsoft Word Viewer is a free application that allows users to open and view Word documents without having the full Microsoft Word software installed. It is useful for those who do not have access to Microsoft Word or for opening documents from others who use the software.

2. Is Microsoft Word Viewer compatible with Windows 7?

Yes, Microsoft Word Viewer is compatible with Windows 7. It can be downloaded and installed on Windows 7 operating systems without any issues.

3. Where can I download Microsoft Word Viewer for Windows 7?

Microsoft Word Viewer can be downloaded from the official Microsoft website or from trusted third-party websites. It is important to only download from reputable sources to avoid any potential security risks.

4. Is Microsoft Word Viewer free to use?

Yes, Microsoft Word Viewer is completely free to use. There are no hidden fees or subscription costs associated with the software. However, it is important to note that it is only for viewing Word documents and does not have full editing capabilities like Microsoft Word.

5. Can I edit documents using Microsoft Word Viewer?

No, Microsoft Word Viewer is only for viewing Word documents and does not have full editing capabilities. To edit documents, you will need to use the full Microsoft Word software or a similar word processing program.