Microwave propulsion and APS

In summary: I'm going to check it out.In summary, the conversation is about researching and obtaining information on new propulsion technologies, specifically microwave and laser propulsion, as well as vision systems using APS. The individual is seeking resources such as books, courses, and links to study these topics.
wilzur
Recently I watched some paper about new propulsion technologies focused in Light e.g Laser and Microwave, so I'd like to know where can I obtain deep information about the subjet, due, papers found it at the internet just describe bit information. I'm interesting mainly in microwave propulsion and vision systems using APS -Active Pixel Sensor - for real time video space systems.

Thera are any book, course, link, etc., to study on this field?

Willian Sanchez

Engineering news on Phys.org
I'm not following - what do propulsion and video have to do with each other?

wilzur said:
Recently I watched some paper about new propulsion technologies focused in Light e.g Laser and Microwave, so I'd like to know where can I obtain deep information about the subjet, due, papers found it at the internet just describe bit information. I'm interesting mainly in microwave propulsion and vision systems using APS -Active Pixel Sensor - for real time video space systems.

Thera are any book, course, link, etc., to study on this field?

Willian Sanchez

Here's a wikipedia.org article on laser propulsion:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_propulsion

And like Russ, I don't get the "vision systems" part of your question. Is that a separate question?

Well, I apologize by the confusion, so, what are you apointing, there are two questions typed in me previous email:
1.- Microwave propulsion or electric propulsion
2.- Vision systems using APS or new trends and/or technologies different of CCDs technology.

Thanks by link berkeman

1. What is microwave propulsion?

Microwave propulsion is a method of propelling spacecraft using electromagnetic waves. It involves using a microwave emitter to generate electromagnetic waves, which are then directed at a reflector on the spacecraft, causing it to move in the opposite direction.

2. How does microwave propulsion work?

Microwave propulsion works by using the principle of momentum transfer. When electromagnetic waves are directed at a reflector, they transfer their momentum to the reflector, propelling it forward. This method can be used to propel spacecraft at high speeds without the need for traditional chemical propellants.

3. What are the advantages of microwave propulsion?

Microwave propulsion offers several advantages over traditional propulsion methods, including higher speeds, lower fuel requirements, and the potential for longer missions. It also eliminates the need for carrying heavy and bulky propellants, making it more efficient and cost-effective.

4. What is APS in microwave propulsion?

APS stands for "Advanced Propulsion System" and refers to the technology used in microwave propulsion. It includes components such as the microwave emitter, reflector, and other systems that work together to generate and direct the electromagnetic waves for propelling the spacecraft.

5. What are some potential applications of microwave propulsion and APS?

Microwave propulsion and APS have the potential to revolutionize space exploration and transportation. They can be used for interplanetary travel, satellite propulsion, and even in the development of future space elevators. They also have applications in the defense and military sector for launching satellites and space debris cleanup.