1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Might need physics mind for this

1. Jan 27, 2005 #1
    I know this might be a biology question. But I think this requires the problem solving minds of people in physics.

The population of the wolves influences the change in population of the mooses. When the population of the wolves increase, the mooses' population also increase. From the population growth formula of the wolves

delta N/delta t = rN(K-N)/K

which factor affects the population of the mooses?

d) rN

e)delta t

I picked d) because N represents the initial population, which doesn't affect the population of the mooses if it doesn't change.

r is the rate of change in populations, which can affect it i guess but rN denotes the actual change in population.

K is the carrying capacity of the population of the wolves. It can affect the population of the mooses, but it does not directly affect it( it will result in the change in population of wolves and then change in mooses)

So i think the best answer is d).... What do you people think? please give an explanation for your answer. Thanks!
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 27, 2005 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Please ask your questions in only one place. It has been answered in biology.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?