MIH goes to the hippy soap shop

• Thread starter Math Is Hard
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Soap
In summary: Eventually I just told her that I had to go and that I would call her later. Then there was the scary but hot little Nicaraguan girl I went out with. I met her on MySpace and she wanted to go out immediately. All night long she pulled one conspiracy theory and bit of junk science after another out of that cute little bottom of hers. On top of that she either had a very tiny bladder or she was doing lines in the bathroom about every fifteen minutes. ...Eventually I just told her that I had to go and that I would call her later.
Evo said:
MIH, if you use the soap without properly following instructions, it could destroy your chakras, flush your aura, blind your third eye, and the Priestess only knows what other terrible thngs.
"Instant karma's going to get you..."

Physics news on Phys.org
Chi Meson said:
Sedona. Great place. Our family spent a few days there. On one day we visited THREE of the famous vortexes. Simply put, a vortex is an awesome view that you can get to after a short, short hike (3 miles or so is a SHORT hike). For most people, this short hike is akin to a pilgrimage, with an awe-inspiring view at the end. The energy they feel is the rush of adrenaline one gets when taking in such scenery.

The typical, puffy, out of shape new-ager assumes it's special. I have found that most folks who hike way into the back countries don't carry such weak-brain notions. Hike for a week in the Rocky Mountains and you'll get at least two vortexes each day. In the Wemenuche wilderness, more like one every half hour.

No, no, no...I hiked the Sedona hills, and I KNOW that the vortexes are the place in the hike where your seven-year-old whines, "WHY are we DOING this...I'm HOT...I want to go back to the POOL...!" Really, it's magical.

lisab said:
No, no, no...I hiked the Sedona hills, and I KNOW that the vortexes are the place in the hike where your seven-year-old whines, "WHY are we DOING this...I'm HOT...I want to go back to the POOL...!" Really, it's magical.

Gees my age is showing, I used to go to Sedona before it even had vortexes. :biggrin:

turbo-1 said:
On the subject of soap, there is an excellent anti-bacterial unscented liquid soap/shampoo initially designed for hunters. It's called Scent Away (from a distributer called Hunter's Specialties) and it's available from sport shops like Cabela's, and seasonally from Wal-Mart and other places. It is so concentrated that you only need a little drop to shampoo and shower, and it sudses up nicely. We mix it 50:50 with water and put it in hand-soap dispensers at the bathroom and kitchen sinks. For those that like to wear fragrances, this is a soap/shampoo that will not clash with your favorite scents.

That sounds like it beats the heck out of dabbing raccoon urine behind the ears, so as not to spook the wildlife.:tongue2:

Originally Posted by Astronuc
"Don't go near Sedona AZ. There they will tell you about the Great Vortex. "

I thought that was it Oregroan

_______

(that was supposed to say:

I thought that it was in Oregroan)

--------------
(not even a third as funny now-don't post when tired--storms and tornadoes in the area all last night)

Nice new :smiley fish slap: Evo

Last edited:
edward said:
That sounds like it beats the heck out of dabbing raccoon urine behind the ears, so as not to spook the wildlife.:tongue2:
It is less messy, but perhaps not as effective.

edward said:

Spooks the hell out of the racoon, as you collect its urine, though :tongue2: .

lisab said:
Spooks the hell out of the racoon, as you collect its urine, though :tongue2: .
Raccoon-milking is a high art. It's best to have warm hands and bite-proof gloves... :rolleyes:

:smile:
turbo-1 said:
Raccoon-milking is a high art. It's best to have warm hands and bite-proof gloves... :rolleyes:

Hey guys we live in one helluva advanced society. Raccoon urine can be purchased by the bottle. (someone still has to collect it) :smile:

http://www.hunterspec.com/Updateable/update_display.cfm?pageID=399&categoryID=32

edit: it probably comes from China

Last edited by a moderator:
edward said:
:smile:

Hey guys we live in one helluva advanced society. Raccoon urine can be purchased by the bottle. (someone still has to collect it) :smile:

http://www.hunterspec.com/Updateable/update_display.cfm?pageID=399&categoryID=32
Oh sure! Someone else raises your vegetables, someone else raises and slaughters your beef, and now you pansies are out-sourcing raccoon-urine collection. I have lost all respect for you left-coasters (except MIH).

turbo-1 said:
Oh sure! Someone else raises your vegetables, someone else raises and slaughters your beef, and now you pansies are out-sourcing raccoon-urine collection. I have lost all respect for you left-coasters (except MIH).

:rofl:

Honey oatmeal goat milk soap?

http://www.navajosoap.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=123&osCsid=d30f5cc0b9abe21d32acb9ffa9825b8b

turbo-1 said:
Is that like badger milking?

I thought lisab was referring racoon wizzing. Couldn't just take 'em out to bar and split a few pitchers with them - and just wait.

Last edited:
Astronuc said:

I thought lisab was referring racoon wizzing. Couldn't just take 'em out to bar and split a few pitchers with them - and just wait.

I don't know about that method...it might not do the job, seeing as the pee would be pretty dilute. Besides, you get a racoon drunk and you're just asking for trouble. Better be sure to get a rabies shot beforehand!

Astronuc said:

Nah, 'coons aren't big drinkers. You've got to grab 'em, hold 'em over the bucket, and make them listen to running-water sounds. They are not patient fellas and they can't hold their water when they hear brooks, falls, etc.

Evo said:
MIH, if you use the soap without properly following instructions, it could destroy your chakras, flush your aura, blind your third eye, and the Priestess only knows what other terrible thngs.

<hits MIF over the head with a fish in the traditional PF spirit cleansing ceremony>

fish2.gif
Pssssst. Evo. Uh-mmmm - isn't this secret sisterhood stuff. :uhh: And know that we know about it the sisters are going to have to do memory modification, or some more extreme alternative, to those who read that. :uhh:

Chi Meson said:
(3 miles or so is a SHORT hike).

3 miles is only a short hike if you're not doing it in cute new sandals without socks and no water supply thinking you're only going to walk 10 min tops looking for a place near a hotel to grab a lunch. At 4 miles I called the cab to get me back to the hotel when the student with me noticed the blood on my heels...THAT blister wasn't even one I felt (sorry, I have blisters that are still healing from that stupid idea). :rolleyes:

I think we're going to have to send Cyrus to the health clinic, though, to find out where his chakras are (then he can tell the rest of us).

Evo said:

<hits MIF over the head with a fish in the traditional PF spirit cleansing ceremony>

fish2.gif

Ah, thank you for the fish whap.

so...What did your doc say? How's the arm? Any broken chakras to report? :biggrin:

Math Is Hard said:
Did you nod and smile?

Those situations can be uncomfortable, esp if you don't want to offend anyone. Sometimes I just nod and smile and say "really?" a lot, sometimes I engage them, and sometimes I go after them. It depends on the situation. Given that I have long sought-out interesting and unusual stories, I do try to listen and give them a fair chance. If they are total crackpots that really have no credibility, it doesn't take long to show.

~christina~ said:
It's not only women, there are men out there who think that they smell nice when they put on so much cologne that you can smell them from down the street.
Makes me want to puke.
Amen! I have recently switched gyms from the old fuddy duddy YMCA to the newer hipper gym in town(because it was half the price). All the younger guys wear some kind of perfume that makes me wheeze! I can't get away from them fast enough!

larkspur said:
Amen! I have recently switched gyms from the old fuddy duddy YMCA to the newer hipper gym in town(because it was half the price). All the younger guys wear some kind of perfume that makes me wheeze! I can't get away from them fast enough!

what?

rewebster said:
what?

Don't get me wrong, I love cologne on a man but not so strong you can smell it from six feet away. AXE is the worst. That cheap musk smell mixed with sweat...eeewww!

(it sounded like they were ALL chasing after you)

larkspur said:
Don't get me wrong, I love cologne on a man but not so strong you can smell it from six feet away. AXE is the worst. That cheap musk smell mixed with sweat...eeewww!
There is no need for a man or a woman to wear cologne. That practice started when people did not bathe, and it need not persist. Nor should little children go school and be forced to breathe all the fragrance chemicals that all the mothers have been brainwashed into using so that their kids' clothes smell "fresh". Idiots! The increasing incidence of autism, asthma, and other problems couldn't be due to this, could it? No, certainly not. Fragrance chemicals are overwhelmingly neurological stimulants or depressants and that couldn't hurt kids whose immune systems are still forming...

rewebster said:
(it sounded like they were ALL chasing after you)
Nope!:rofl::rofl:

Ivan Seeking said:
My favorite new-ager story came from a woman who claimed that a black panther appeared and slept next to her during the night of her vision quest.

Hey man, peyote can do stuff like that. I just got this image of an older Navajo person speaking in their unique (and often quite funny) accent about stuff like this...

Soap is hard. Buy it in 5 gallon tubs. Scent and flavor to taste.

Last edited:
Phrak said:
Soap is hard. Buy it in 5 gallon tubs. Scent and flavor to taste.

Are you planning to eat it? I can't help but wonder how many times your mom washed your mouth out with soap for you to be considering the flavor of soap as an important quality. :biggrin: :rofl:

Moonbear said:
Are you planning to eat it? I can't help but wonder how many times your mom washed your mouth out with soap for you to be considering the flavor of soap as an important quality. :biggrin: :rofl:
Probably beats entomophagy :rofl:

Re: bugs (eek) and eating soap (yuck)

OK. Fine. I confess. I spend all my free weekends at boutiques. I have little baskets all over the house with ribbons and bows and tiny decorative, delicate flowers artfully woven into the weave. My little baskets hold the cutest little cloth animals, dressed in period clothing, adorning my favorite scented and sculpted little soapettes. Some call it foo-foo, I call it frou-frou. So, I am at my wits end. I just can't part with my precious little soapies, so I bathe, pumping soap out of a nice big 55 gallon drum of industrial detergent I bought on ebay.

Last edited:
Phrak said:
OK. Fine. I confess. I spend all my free weekends at boutiques. I have little baskets all over the house with ribbons and bows and tiny decorative, delicate flowers artfully woven into the weave. My little baskets hold the cutest little cloth animals, dressed in period clothing, adorning my favorite scented and sculpted little soapettes. Some call it foo-foo, I call it frou-frou. So, I am at my wits end. I just can't part with my precious little soapies, so I bathe, pumping soap out of a nice big 55 gallon drum of industrial detergent I bought on ebay.

I knew it!

This is my most favorite soap ever, by the way:

http://www.pajamamania.com/media/GRCS.jpg

Trois Petits Cochons. Very hard to find. They smell like "fresh linen" rather than "cochons".

So where does everyone stand on scented candles. Some of them smell like chemical factories to me. My wife thinks they are wonderful . phewwwww...no gardenias smell wonderful. Is it just me:confused:

Math Is Hard said:
This is my most favorite soap ever, by the way:

http://www.pajamamania.com/media/GRCS.jpg

Trois Petits Cochons. Very hard to find. They smell like "fresh linen" rather than "cochons".

I simply MUST have some! I'll dress them in tiny little paisleys and plaid. Where ever did you find them? I'll trade you for 10 gallons of floor wax.

Some friends of our's who are pretty hippy had some awesome soap at their part time house in Moab, UT when we went there for spring break. They weren't there though, so I couldn't ask where they got it. It had an abrasive in it to help clean, me thinks it was like apricot pits or something. Very good