Can Geometric Algebra Solve the Errors in Modern Physics Theory?

In summary, Geometric Algebra is a mathematical framework that combines the principles of linear algebra and geometry, and has shown promise in potentially solving the errors in modern physics theory. It allows for the representation of both scalars and vectors in a single notation, making it a more efficient and elegant approach to understanding physical phenomena. Additionally, it can handle the complex mathematics involved in theories such as quantum mechanics and general relativity, providing a unified approach to these seemingly disparate concepts. While still a relatively new concept, Geometric Algebra has the potential to revolutionize our understanding of the universe and help to resolve the inconsistencies and limitations of current physics theories.
Michael Costello
I am a retired Physicist (Ph.D. U of NM 1977 in Astrophysics) who has spent most of his working life as a systems engineer and computer modeler. I now video conference Fridays with 4 friends to talk about the things we learned to calculate in grad school, but were never quite got the reason why. Don't understand Quantum Mechanics? Shut up and calculate! seemed to be the prevailing answer. We have decided to call ourselves the SIGNOMI. Signomi is a Greek word usually translated as 'excuse me', but is from syn (with) and gnosis (knowledge) so it really means 'can we put our knowledge together' or 'will you share your knowledge with me'? Currently I am looking at what I consider to be an inherent error in modern Physics theory, inadequate mathematics. The proper math we should be using is, I believe, Geometric Algebra, sometimes called Clifford Algebra. GA is coordinate independent. While you do put in coordinates, at the end, in order to calculate a numerical result, the algebraic results of GA are not affected by coordinate singularities, such as the event horizon around a black hole.

Likes anothermike
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF Mike!