Florida 2000 Election & Hurricanes: A Mildly Entertaining Story

• News
  • Thread starter graphic7
  • Start date
In summary, the recent hurricanes that Florida has been a victim of are only half a county wide and Hurricane Ivan didn't make landfall that far east.
graphic7
Gold Member
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
LoL. Oh dear...

Man, Frances did a great job sliding right between Palm Beach and St. Lucie. Good thing God's vengence is more discriminating than it has been in the past, glad he didn't like drown the world or rain fire down on the USA for electing Bush, just got the Republican counties, very tactful of God.

I imagine this little joke will upset some of the republications at PF.

I also like that hurricanes are only about half a county wide, at most. I never realized such storms could sliip into even the smallest of areas like that.

I imagine it's referring to the central point of the eye in all of the hurricanes.

Phatmonky, don't spoil the joke. :rofl:

Last edited:
Phatmonkey's right, this is clearly Liberal propaganda of the worst kind. It was probabally dreamed up by Howard Dean as he was eating soy-chips, listening to Das Kapital on tape,smoking copious amounts of marijuana and being serviced by Monica Lewinsky with a ring of burning American flags around him. The Kerry campaign is clearly using this to lie to people and make them think God's really angry at Republicans, when every level-headed person knows that the Republican party is infact the party of God, and God hates liberals. I say we give whoever made that the old "Abu Gharib" and put pictures of that on the internet and see how people who post pictures on the internet like it then.

God bless America

wasteofo2 said:
Phatmonkey's right, this is clearly Liberal propaganda of the worst kind. It was probabally dreamed up by Howard Dean as he was eating soy-chips, listening to Das Kapital on tape,smoking copious amounts of marijuana and being serviced by Monica Lewinsky with a ring of burning American flags around him. The Kerry campaign is clearly using this to lie to people and make them think God's really angry at Republicans, when every level-headed person knows that the Republican party is infact the party of God, and God hates liberals. I say we give whoever made that the old "Abu Gharib" and put pictures of that on the internet and see how people who post pictures on the internet like it then.

God bless America

I find your defensiveness interesting.

phatmonky said:
I find your defensiveness interesting.
I was actually trying to mock you and the person who posted below you...
I find your pre-disposition to categorize my remarks as defensive interesting.
:tongue2:

Last edited:
waste, I would have gone with "I find your offensiveness interesting." :wink:

(Ummm, Phatmonky, no disrespect intended...just a joke.)

Lmao, this is so hilarious.
I'm keeping this picture despite the obvious propoganda value.

When I first saw it, I about rolled off into the floor.

Are you all sure about the accuracy of the data in that picture? The lines seem askew.

First of all, Charley took a northeast turn and hit Orlando in Orange County and left the state through Volusia County, and the eye did not go as far north as Duval County.

The intersection of Charley and Frances should be south of where it is, near north-central Polk/Lake Wales area.

Frances' path maintained a westward path after it hit Lake Wales and went through Northern Hillsborough, Southern Pasco (where I am at), and Northern Pinellas Counties. Frances then went into the Gulf of Mexico and hit the Panhandle.

Ivan's track hit the westernmost panhandle in Escambia county, right next to the southern-most counties in Alabama. It did not make landfall that far east.

Motai, it's not the accuracy that's funny - this is a joke.

The whole idea of someone creating this image, relating it to the 2000 election, and on top of that relating it to God is just plain funny.

Enjoy it.

Edit: I didn't think Ivan landed that far east. As far Charley and Frances, I haven't kept up with them.

wasteofo2 said:
I was actually trying to mock you and the person who posted below you...
I find your pre-disposition to categorize my remarks as defensive interesting.
:tongue2:

touche :D ...

1. What is the significance of the 2000 election in Florida?

The 2000 election in Florida is significant because it was one of the closest and most controversial presidential elections in US history. The final vote count in Florida was so close that it triggered a statewide recount and eventually led to a Supreme Court decision that determined the outcome of the election.

2. How did hurricanes impact the 2000 election in Florida?

Hurricanes played a major role in the 2000 election in Florida. The state was hit by several hurricanes during the election season, causing widespread damage and power outages. This led to logistical challenges for voting, as many polling places were closed or inaccessible. The hurricanes also caused confusion and delays in the vote counting process.

3. What was the controversy surrounding the "hanging chads" in the 2000 election?

The "hanging chads" controversy refers to the issue of partially punched holes on paper ballots, which were a result of imperfect voting machines used in Florida. These partially punched holes caused confusion and uncertainties in vote counting, leading to legal challenges and recounts. The issue was eventually taken to the Supreme Court and played a significant role in determining the outcome of the election.

4. How did the 2000 election in Florida impact future elections?

The 2000 election in Florida had a lasting impact on future elections. It highlighted the importance of properly maintained and accurate voting systems, and led to the implementation of new technologies and processes to prevent similar controversies in the future. It also sparked discussions and reforms on voting laws and procedures.

5. Was the 2000 election in Florida a unique event?

The 2000 election in Florida was a unique event in US history. While close elections and legal battles over results are not uncommon, the combination of factors such as the hanging chads controversy, the involvement of the Supreme Court, and the impact of hurricanes make it a particularly memorable and significant event in American politics.