Military to Peace: A World Without War

• Thread starter ArielGenesis
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Military
In summary, the conversation discusses the hypothetical scenario of all soldiers quitting the military and the potential consequences for the world. Some argue that it would bring about peace, while others argue that it would lead to chaos and the rise of other groups seeking power. The conversation also touches on the idea that true peace can only be achieved through cooperation and that conflict will always exist as long as there are those who seek power. Ultimately, the conversation concludes that there will always be people who want to do harm, even without a military, and that peace is a fragile concept.
ArielGenesis
Military>>>Peace?

If every soilder from militarry quit at this second, what the world is like for the next second ? :approve:

Physics news on Phys.org
That would depend upon whether re-enlisted or not, I think..

well aside the fact you can't just quite the military..but i see where your coming from - but do you mean in the world? or this country? because you need to note not all people whom cause trouble is an actual nation, but various groups of other people that oppose another cause

Tough question. The assumptions that are made about the reaction of the general population are what determine the outcome.

I would personally feel better that the world would be finally free of war... but that is not reality.

Somewhere, guerillas will form up and challenge the government and exploit the people for their own personal gain, and then the government won't have anyone to defend those citizens. If the military is to exist, it should be just for that purpose to achieve a lasting peace. Sadly some people do want to exploit others and put them in danger, and there is nothing we can do about it except have a military/law enforcement standing by in case something does go wrong.

TsunamiJoe, not every one live in US. I think if only one country does it, then that country will be quickly eliminated by the other. Then there are also some non-govermental group who will treathen us. Yet some or might be mostly of the guerillas are ex-militer.

What i do believe now that one day, that will happen. do you ?

ArielGenesis said:
If every soilder from militarry quit at this second, what the world is like for the next second ? :approve:
The world would be gullible for the next second.

Right after that moment, groups of people would then form their own militaries, which will then develop into national armies - and similar to what we have now. In other words, conflict will always be there. It's because people want to attain and increase power - to protect themselves from people who would endanger their freedoms.

Peace is only attained when a group takes it upon themselves to cooperate in order to improve their situation - their power, freedom, abilities, etc. If that contract ever stops being helpful, the peace will end. Peace because people are tired of death and suffering will only last for a finite amount of time - or until the next guy with a great thirst for power comes along.

Last edited:
ArielGenesis said:

Complete anarchy, then lions, tigers and crocodiles would eat us.

ariel - that was what i was getting at in my post that if it were just one country they would be eliminated, and if it was the world to be rid of it, mofias, syndicates, and cartels(just to name a few) would assume power

There are people out there besides soldiers to do harm...

I was thinking i haven't killed enoguh threads as of late, and this one seemed ripe from the first post. So here's a good stab at it.

*stab*

May one day harm is needless.

1. What is the concept of "Military to Peace"?

The concept of "Military to Peace" is a shift in mindset and approach towards global security. It envisions a world where nations prioritize peace and diplomacy over military action and conflict. This involves reducing military spending, promoting international cooperation, and finding nonviolent resolutions to conflicts.

2. How can we achieve a world without war?

Achieving a world without war requires a collective effort from individuals, governments, and international organizations. This includes promoting education and awareness about the consequences of war, investing in peaceful conflict resolution strategies, and addressing root causes of conflicts such as poverty and inequality.

3. Is it realistic to think we can eliminate war completely?

While it may seem like an idealistic goal, it is possible to significantly reduce the occurrence of war and eventually eliminate it altogether. History has shown that conflicts can be resolved through peaceful means, and with continued efforts towards promoting peace, a world without war is a realistic goal.

4. What are the benefits of transitioning to a world without war?

The benefits of transitioning to a world without war are numerous. It would lead to a decrease in human suffering and loss of life, as well as a reduction in economic and environmental costs of war. It would also allow for greater focus on global issues such as poverty, climate change, and human rights.

5. What are some potential challenges in transitioning to a world without war?

One of the main challenges in transitioning to a world without war is overcoming deep-rooted beliefs and attitudes towards the necessity of military action. There may also be resistance from those who benefit from the war industry. Additionally, finding effective and sustainable alternatives to war may require significant resources and cooperation from all nations.