What Would You Do With a Million Dollars?

• Thread starter Stranger
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses what each person would do if they had a million dollars. Suggestions include investing in small companies, using the interest to supplement income, building a marble statue, donating to charity, buying properties, and investing in the stock market. Some joke responses include buying a t-shirt and giving the money away to someone who would give it back. The conversation ends with one person planning for the future and their children inheriting the money.
Stranger
million dollar...

What would you do if you have a million dollar??

"other than having two chicks at the same time"
- movie, Office space

Physics news on Phys.org
Invest in a small company. Or, take a stand about how edu. should meet the needs of students.

I'd use the interest to supplement my income and then use it to build a lovely marble statue of me before I die.

Thus living well,
Annoying my heirs,
and spending a vast sum of money on a self indulgent trinket.

That would be my three major ambitions fulfilled.

I would donate them to PhysicsForums.com Admistration :wink:

i will build ahouse in a very far place to live in it and do charity works with the rest of the money

I'd buy a t-shirt that said:
"I'm a millionaire and all I bought was this stupid T-Shirt!"

or maybe not...

I would give it to someone who would give it back to me :)

I would buy some houses to rent out, take the income.

I would spend my life as I liked.

I would invest half of the money in housing and the stock market, and let the other half sit in an interest bearing account.

I would use what income I needed as generated from both sources, and turn the unused profit back into the investments.

When I acquired enough capital, I would begin buying small, troubled buisnesses in an attempt to turn them into profitable enterprises.

Then I would die, leave the money to my kids, and they would most likely promptly waste it.

:smile:

What would you do with a million dollars?

There are countless possibilities for what someone could do with a million dollars. Some common options include investing in stocks or real estate, starting a business, donating to charity, or using the money to travel and experience new things.

Is a million dollars enough to retire?

It depends on individual lifestyle and expenses. While a million dollars may seem like a lot of money, it may not be enough to sustain a comfortable retirement for some people. It's important to carefully plan and budget for retirement before making any decisions.

What is the best way to invest a million dollars?

The best investment strategy for a million dollars will vary based on personal financial goals and risk tolerance. It's important to seek the advice of a financial advisor before making any investment decisions.

How long would a million dollars last?

The length of time a million dollars would last depends on how it is managed and spent. If the money is invested wisely and budgeted carefully, it could potentially last a lifetime. However, if the money is spent quickly or invested in high-risk ventures, it may not last very long.

What should I do first if I suddenly come into a million dollars?

The first thing to do when receiving a large sum of money is to take a step back and carefully consider all options. It's important to create a plan for how to manage and use the money before making any hasty decisions. Seeking the advice of a financial advisor can also be beneficial.