Milo Wolff: Spherical Standing Wave Structure of Matter

In summary, the conversation discusses the theory of Milo Wolff, which uses spherical standing waves to interpret quantum theory. The speaker came across this theory on a website and found it interesting, but couldn't find any supporting evidence besides the website and some YouTube videos. They also express skepticism due to the lack of mathematical proof or recognition since its discovery in 1986. Another participant in the conversation suggests that the theory may not be credible, either due to the apparent lack of understanding of basic math or as a means of selling a book.
Dahaka14
Has anyone heard of Milo Wolff? I recently came upon www.spaceandmotion.com using StumbleUpon, and read the section of quantum theory, and the interpretation of quantum theory using spherical standing waves to describe matter seemed interesting, but I couldn't find anything on it besides that website and some YouTube videos. At first the theory seemed to make sense, but I didn't see any mathematics given to prove it, nor any experiments that verified the theory. Also, since it was "discovered" in 1986, it has been a long time and should have been recognized by now if it had legitimate following. Now I am very skeptical of this theory. Any input on this?

Physics news on Phys.org
Dahaka14 said:
Any input on this?
Video seems to indicate that, even at a respectable age, the poor fellow lacks elementary mathematical concepts. Or that he is selling a book. I would not loose my time on this if I were you.

I have also come across Milo Wolff's theory of the spherical standing wave structure of matter and like you, I found it interesting but lacking in concrete evidence. While the concept of using waves to describe matter is not entirely new, Wolff's theory does seem to have some unique elements to it. However, as you pointed out, the lack of mathematical proof and experimental verification does raise some doubts about its validity.

I did some further research and found that there are some criticisms of Wolff's theory, particularly regarding its applicability to all types of matter. Some scientists argue that while it may work for simple particles, it fails to explain more complex structures such as molecules and crystals.

In my opinion, it is always important to approach any scientific theory with a healthy dose of skepticism. While Wolff's theory may have some interesting ideas, until it is backed up by rigorous mathematical and experimental evidence, it cannot be considered as a widely accepted explanation for the nature of matter. It is always good to keep an open mind and continue to explore different theories, but it is also important to be critical and not accept ideas without proper evidence.

1. What is the Spherical Standing Wave Structure of Matter?

The Spherical Standing Wave Structure of Matter (SSWSM) is a theory proposed by physicist Milo Wolff that suggests all matter in the universe is made up of standing waves in the form of spherical shells. These waves interact with each other to create the physical properties of matter, such as mass and charge.

2. How does the SSWSM differ from other theories of matter?

The SSWSM differs from other theories, such as the Standard Model and String Theory, in that it does not require the existence of fundamental particles. Instead, it proposes that all matter is made up of a single type of standing wave, with different properties arising from the interactions between these waves.

3. What evidence supports the SSWSM?

There is currently no direct evidence to support the SSWSM, as it is still a theoretical framework. However, the theory has been shown to accurately predict the mass of the electron and the fine structure constant, and has been used to explain the properties of atoms and molecules.

4. What are the implications of the SSWSM?

The SSWSM has profound implications for our understanding of the universe, as it suggests that all matter is interconnected through a fundamental wave structure. It also raises questions about the nature of space and time, and could potentially lead to new technologies and applications.

5. How does the SSWSM relate to other fields of science?

The SSWSM has connections to various fields of science, including quantum mechanics, electromagnetism, and cosmology. It offers a unified framework for understanding these seemingly disparate fields and has the potential to bridge the gap between quantum mechanics and relativity, two of the most fundamental theories in physics.