Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mind/intellectual gap?

1. Jul 8, 2013 #1
    Is it possible that, in the future, there would be very few people who know how to code, solder and debugging, while PDAs and internet access is available to everyone? I mean people know how to take a picture of themselves in a jacuzzi, apply tons of filter to make those pictures look neat, and then upload to social sites but almost none of them know anything about all those coding languages, protocols and layers or models of implementation involved?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 8, 2013 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

That's always the way it is. How many people watch tv but don't know how to build one? There will always be those few that invent and build compared to the masses that use it.

4. Jul 8, 2013 #3

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Our economy is all about specialization. Things are so much more efficient that way.

I don't know how to drill for or refine oil, but can I drive like a mad woman.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook