Unlocking the Mysteries of Mind Power: Can We Really Bend Spoons?

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of using mind power to bend objects and the concept of brain waves. Some participants believe that the human mind has hidden powers and can even manipulate external objects through brain waves, while others argue that it is not possible and may just be a result of tricking the mind. The conversation also touches on the idea of empathy and the limitations of the brain's energy. Overall, it is a topic that sparks curiosity and discussion about the potential of the human mind.
HIGHLYTOXIC
I remember reading somewhere that there was once a man who could bend spoons & forks by just gazing at them using his so called 'mind power'..

Can this be done??

I actually believe that there are so many hidden powers in the human brain that we can't even think of..brain waves is one...

Have you ever thought how easily you can know the mental states of your parents, brother, sister or loved ones...You can just have a look at them, or just try to feel their presence and you can tell that they are happy or upset or they are in deep thoughts etc etc...I think this can be credited to brain waves..

I think every brain has an transmitter & a reciever...We just need to feel them..

So can we actually use our mind power to do things?

I mean if there's a pen at some distance from me & I concetrate on it, and I say to myself that I want that in my hand, will it fly to me?

I know its weird but its interesting!

Physics news on Phys.org
to be able to read other peoples state of mind, is what we call "emphathy"... it's the ability to recognize your own feelings in others... it has nothing to do with "brain waves"...

HIGHLYTOXIC said:
I mean if there's a pen at some distance from me & I concetrate on it, and I say to myself that I want that in my hand, will it fly to me?

Yes, if you reaize the truth, that there is no pen. Free your mind!

The human mind does have amazing abilities. Just like a hypochondriac can think himself into being sick, I'm sure you can think yourself into being healthy. These are internal changes though, I don't think you can mess with external things through brain waves alone (yet).

All that you need to understand is to see. You will then know what is possible. The word not will not come into play. The key word is "experience". When you understand this word all will begin to fall away. Careful what falls away lest you walk with nothing beneath your feet.

balkan said:
to be able to read other peoples state of mind, is what we call "emphathy"... it's the ability to recognize your own feelings in others... it has nothing to do with "brain waves"...

Yes! And ESP has nothing to do with telekenisis either, It's just learning to better understand your senses and recognise new things.

everyone knows that 90% of everything your senses pick up is ignored.

anyone heard of remote viewing? something about a collective memory.

I believe two things
1. You have watched the matrix one too many times
2. You would like astrology and Miss Cleo

Like others have stated knowing how people feel isn't from brain waves... here is a thought experiment for you to consider...
Lets say these waves do exist
then if they are waves you don't need to see or hear a person to know how they feel. You should be able to tell how someone is feeling around a corner without looking at them or hearing them...

The mind is an amazing tool, however there is no way your mind is capable of rearangeing matter.

Rut Ro Roge, Tom there is one key word in your sentence. Capable, all minds are capable of this, will it manifest itself in their lives is the only question. I do not think this is a common occurance. Is it possible? You must understand what matter is, what we are made of to answer that question. Anyting else is belief.

Is it possible for you to explain to us ignorant ? If that exists, why is it not displayed widely ? Why would spoon bender not show everybody that this is true, so that the entire human kind decides going in the right direction, instead of loosing their soul in front of television ?

I am sorry, you are all big dreamers. Tom is right. If only one person on Earth succeed in what you claim, it would be his duty to declare and show it. If none succeed, that is good some of us (you) try, but I won't believe it until further success.

As I can recall the kid in Matrix said that there is no spoon, so pop some pills and away you go bending everything!

That is true... I do believe you could make your mind think it was bending the spoon... but there is no way for you to actually do it :)

i believe eveything is possible maybe not now but who knows what is going to happen a few years later, a decade, or a century later. our mind is amazing. i once read that Leonardo da Vinci used less than 10% of his brain, so did all the inventors and great people. if human have finally learned how to use 100% of them, i can't imagine what they can do.

You are always using 100% of your mind. If you could handle more sensory input, you would have more sensory input. There is only so much concentration and attention to go around. That's why some of the stimuli you receive are discarded. Overload.

Maybe some people trick their mind into thinking they haven't reached the limit. They are really only using 93% of their focus and attention. Awareness, perception, and ideas can spawn from the extra 7%.

Well, having been brainwashed into believing all that physics crap, I would ask where the energy comes from to bend a spoon. My brain is barely capable of generating 10 watts of power. After doing the math, I concluded I could scarcely dent a sheet of aluminum foil, even if I converted all my spare brain wattage into a 'bolt' of kinetic energy.

i enjoy this topic the most because...
hummmmm...

Chronos makes a very good point, the brain cannot create energy, so where is it coming from.

My experience with mind over matter is that, matter does not mind.

from the sun originallly

from digesting food

I forget the name but there was a movie about an insane asylum in the Pacific Northwest. One of the "guest" knew that there exists a chance that one object might pass through another, so he continually tries to will the atoms in the wall to let him pass through. Unfortunately the darned atoms would not cooperate and he kept bumping his head.

Also, within the movie, Hamlet was done with an all dog cast, but that's another story.

A thought contains energy but only a little, teenie, tiny bit. I suppose that everyone on the planet combined might generate enough power to lift a piece of paper.

It is not about might. It is about understanding, the more you understand the more is possible. Understanding is not an object, it is a true interface with existence that becomes existence itself. As you begin to understand this you will begin to see what is possible, when you know this you will begin to do what is possible. I don't lie but I may bluff you in a poker game.

Are you a Fred Alan Wolf fan?

Ivan Seeking said:
I suppose that everyone on the planet combined might generate enough power to lift a piece of paper.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I guess we should all focus on something more useful.

I agree that the mind does not generate much energy, in the phyiscal sense.
I would have to agree that bending spoons is at best a bad magic trick.
But if the Human brain is just matter that calculates and remembers, How and why do people dream? there should be no senses beyond your waking Consciousness. Could anyone explain what happens in "Remote Viewing" ? Is it a farce or did the military spend millions on this project?

Animals dream too.

Altune said:
I agree that the mind does not generate much energy, in the phyiscal sense.
I would have to agree that bending spoons is at best a bad magic trick.
But if the Human brain is just matter that calculates and remembers, How and why do people dream? there should be no senses beyond your waking Consciousness. Could anyone explain what happens in "Remote Viewing" ? Is it a farce or did the military spend millions on this project?

remote viewing works because your consciousness can exist in a locality other than your physical locality. :wink:

Smurf said:
Chronos makes a very good point, the brain cannot create energy, so where is it coming from.

No but like a transistor, a small amount of energy can perhaps influence a larger amount of energy already present in the environment?

Overdose said:
remote viewing works because your consciousness can exist in a locality other than your physical locality. :wink:

I have never seen a controlled experiment that worked - less on TV shows which obviously can't be trusted.

Here is some prior discussion:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=16505&highlight=remote

https://www.physicsforums.com/showt...page=15&highlight=remote viewing&pagenumber=1

I found the fearless leader of remote viewers, Ed Dames, to be hostile, defensive, and abusive. This usually indicates dishonesty. In the second thread linked, in addition to our little contest, we had a remote viewer name PJ drop in. She was helpful but I don't see any significant evidence for RVing even from her. It all becomes a matter of "interpreting" the images; nothing like demo's seen on TV.

Last edited:
mee said:
No but like a transistor, a small amount of energy can perhaps influence a larger amount of energy already present in the environment?

I think this is a good point. Of course, we fall right back into trouble with the question of how this might happen; and what energy in particular.

HIGHLYTOXIC said:
I remember reading somewhere that there was once a man who could bend spoons & forks by just gazing at them using his so called 'mind power'..

You're probably thinking of Uri Geller.

Can this be done??

Probably not. It's a magician's illusion/trick.
http://www.randi.org/jr/01-12-2001.html
http://www.skepdic.com/geller.html

I actually believe that there are so many hidden powers in the human brain that we can't even think of..brain waves is one...

How are brain waves hidden?

Have you ever thought how easily you can know the mental states of your parents, brother, sister or loved ones...You can just have a look at them, or just try to feel their presence and you can tell that they are happy or upset or they are in deep thoughts etc etc...I think this can be credited to brain waves..

How about your brain interpreting body language, situations, etc.?

I recommend an experiment.

Last edited by a moderator:
we use only fifteen percent of our brain as some may know please don't sceptisize on that tidbit but maybe we do have a form of brain power which we have not been able to acess due to worldly activitys like stress

First of all..Anything a living being doesn't use slowly dissappears..So i am not really a believer of we are using %blabla of our brains..Well of course if you don't believe in evolution that's something else..

By the way if one could do something only using brainwaves and its hidden within our brains then,

- Why is this power is hidden?
- Why there are no animals using this mind power instinctively?
- Why 3-5 years old children who have no logical bound to the world aren't able to use it..Even by mistake?

Ivan Seeking said:
I have never seen a controlled experiment that worked - less on TV shows which obviously can't be trusted.

Here is some prior discussion:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=16505&highlight=remote

https://www.physicsforums.com/showt...page=15&highlight=remote viewing&pagenumber=1

Ive experienced the non-local nature of consciousness so to me it's self evident, i don't need it provng to me.
However taking a purely empirical approach i imagine there's a lot of evidence out there, in particular i seem to remember there being a group of experiments conducted to see if someone can tell if they are being observed without seeing the observer, apparent they can, and they can also tell when they are being observed even when its by remote camera.
Cant find any links on this sadly, prehaps you know the experiments I am talking about though..nature magazine has done a few articles on these experiments in the past.

Phobos said:
That's an urban legend.

Obviously they haven't met some of my customers! :tongue2:

1. How is it possible to bend spoons with the power of the mind?

The ability to bend spoons with the mind is often attributed to telekinesis, a psychic phenomenon that allows individuals to manipulate objects using only their thoughts. While there is no scientific evidence to support the existence of telekinesis, some people claim to have successfully bent spoons through intense focus and belief in their own abilities.

2. Is there any scientific explanation for this phenomenon?

Currently, there is no scientific explanation for the ability to bend spoons with the mind. The concept of telekinesis goes against the laws of physics and has not been proven to exist in any scientific studies. Some scientists believe that the bending of spoons is simply a result of physical manipulation or trickery.

3. Can anyone learn to bend spoons with their mind?

There is no scientific evidence to suggest that anyone can learn to bend spoons with their mind. While some people claim to have developed this ability through intense mental training and belief, there is no proof that this is possible for everyone.

4. Are there any risks or dangers associated with attempting to bend spoons with the mind?

There are no known risks or dangers associated with attempting to bend spoons with the mind. However, individuals should be cautious of any claims that promise instant success or require large sums of money for training. It is important to approach these claims with a critical and skeptical mindset.

5. What other mysteries of the mind can be unlocked through mind power?

The potential of the human mind is still largely unknown and there are many mysteries that may be unlocked through mind power. Some people believe that with the right training and techniques, individuals can tap into their subconscious mind to access hidden knowledge, improve memory, and even heal physical ailments. However, these claims are not scientifically proven and should be approached with caution.