Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Aerospace Mini Project Ideas

1. Jul 26, 2015 #1
    I need ideas to make something for my 6th semester of aerospace engineering. I am stuck with thoughts which either cost me more than my college tuition or consume nearly a decade of my life to make. I am in desperate need of ideas which are cheap, creative, and still a great way of scoring with the professors. It should be something relating to the aeronautical/aerospace field.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 26, 2015 #2

Nidum

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Model size gas turbine built from a kit or published design and built into a desktop test rig .

Microscope slide sized wind tunnel with instrumentation and corrected density gas flow .

Demonstrate hands off manufacture of complex component for an engine or airframe using 3D CAD and DMLS .

Demonstrate aerofoil section which can be designed and 3D printed in plastic in very short time for tests.

Design and make a rig to demonstrate diagonal tension field failure of stressed airframe panels and match results to calcs/FE .

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook