Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mini Project Ideas

1. Jul 26, 2015 #1
    I need ideas to make something for my 6th semester of aerospace engineering. I am stuck with thoughts which either cost me more than my college tuition or consume nearly a decade of my life to make. I am in desperate need of ideas which are cheap, creative, and still a great way of scoring with the professors. It should be something relating to the aeronautical/aerospace field.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 26, 2015 #2

Nidum

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Model size gas turbine built from a kit or published design and built into a desktop test rig .

Microscope slide sized wind tunnel with instrumentation and corrected density gas flow .

Demonstrate hands off manufacture of complex component for an engine or airframe using 3D CAD and DMLS .

Demonstrate aerofoil section which can be designed and 3D printed in plastic in very short time for tests.

Design and make a rig to demonstrate diagonal tension field failure of stressed airframe panels and match results to calcs/FE .

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook