Minimal Triplet: Definition and Calculation

• Thread starter LagrangeEuler
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Definition
In summary, the conversation discusses a general question about obtaining a minimal triplet in a relation involving integers. The question also asks for the definition of a minimal triplet. An example case is given and the conversation mentions checking a textbook for a definition. The conversation ends with the poster stating that they are trying to figure out the definition of minimal triplet in a paper and that the paper states ##i=1,j=0,k=1## as a minimal triplet.
LagrangeEuler
I have a general question. For example I have some relation
[tex]A=\frac{iB+j}{k}C[/tex]
where [tex]i,j,k[/tex] are integers. How to obtain minimal triplet and what is definition of minimal triplet. Let for example we have case ##A=\frac{1}{10}##, ##B=\frac{1}{2}##, ##C=\frac{2}{10}##. Find minimal triplet ##i,j,k##. How and what is definition?

Mathematics news on Phys.org
LagrangeEuler said:
I have a general question. For example I have some relation
[tex]A=\frac{iB+j}{k}C[/tex]
where [tex]i,j,k[/tex] are integers. How to obtain minimal triplet and what is definition of minimal triplet.
Doesn't your textbook have a definition of a minimal triplet?
LagrangeEuler said:
Let for example we have case ##A=\frac{1}{10}##, ##B=\frac{1}{2}##, ##C=\frac{2}{10}##. Find minimal triplet ##i,j,k##. How and what is definition?

Mark44 said:
Doesn't your textbook have a definition of a minimal triplet?

No.

Is this a problem from a textbook? I've never seen a math book that asked you to find something without providing at least a definition of that something.

Can you give us the context of this problem?

It is paper and I am trying to figure it out what is their definition of minimal triplet. They say that minimal triplet is ##i=1,j=0,k=1##.

What paper? Can you post a link?

What is a minimal triplet?

A minimal triplet is a set of three elements or components that are essential for a certain phenomenon or process to occur.

How is a minimal triplet defined?

A minimal triplet is defined as the smallest set of elements that is necessary and sufficient for a particular phenomenon to take place.

What is the significance of a minimal triplet in scientific research?

Minimal triplets are important in scientific research as they help to identify the essential components or factors involved in a complex system or process. This can aid in understanding the underlying mechanisms and predicting outcomes.

Can a minimal triplet change over time?

Yes, a minimal triplet can change over time as scientific knowledge and understanding of a phenomenon evolves. New elements may be discovered or previously identified ones may be found to be non-essential.

Can a minimal triplet be applied to different fields of study?

Yes, the concept of a minimal triplet can be applied to various fields of study, including biology, chemistry, physics, and social sciences. It is a general principle that can be used to identify essential components in diverse systems and processes.