Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Minimum Spanning Tree in R

1. Mar 3, 2017 #1
    Hi guys.
    Could you please give me more information regarding the necessary library and/or the code I should use to compute the Minimum Spanning Tree in R?

Many thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 3, 2017 #2

QuantumQuest

Gold Member

Hi valesdn,

if this is a homework question please post it in the appropriate section.

In any case what do you know regarding R so far?

4. Mar 3, 2017 #3
    Hi QuantumQuest.

Thank you for your reply.
    Actually it is not a homework question. I read an article regarding analysis data and MST, so I tried to 'copy' a part of the program on a new file in R. However, I found some difficult to create the algorithm of this function in R.
    I usually used this program for financial data analysis, but in a really easy way.

5. Mar 3, 2017 #4

QuantumQuest

Gold Member

You can use igraph package for a mst. You can use it to compute mst for unweighted graphs or weighted (package runs Prim's algorithm). There is also the optrees package, which finds optimal trees in weighted graphs (minimum cost spanning tree problems, minimum cost arborescence problems, shortest path tree problems and minimum cut tree problem).

6. Mar 6, 2017 #5
    Thank you so much QuantumQuest.

7. Apr 13, 2017 #6
    I usually used this program for financial data analysis, but in a really easy way.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted