Restructuring Career & Academic Forums | Be Patient

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, the Career and Academic forums have been split into two separate forums: Academic Guidance and Career Guidance. The Academic Guidance forum includes discussions for educators and teaching, as well as science book discussions. The Career Guidance forum focuses specifically on science jobs. This change was made to better organize and cater to the different interests within the community. There is also excitement about the addition of a subforum dedicated to educators and the potential for cross-sharing of ideas between secondary school and university teachers. The job listings in the Career Guidance forum are from Nature Jobs.
We've split up the Career and Academic forums.

Academic Guidance
- Educators & Teaching
- Science Book Discussion

Career Guidance
- Science Jobs

Please be patient as we move some threads around.

Physics news on Phys.org
I like it!

I'm really excited about this change! We certainly needed to split up A&CG...it was overwhelmingly popular.

Of course, I'm THRILLED to finally see a subforum now dedicated to issues educators/teachers would want to discuss. I've already started to move some threads into there to give folks an idea of what we can discuss there. They're scattered around, though, so if someone sees a thread of interest to educators, specifically, that I haven't moved and you think should be there, either report it or shoot me a PM with the link. :smile:

I hope we'll soon see more secondary school teachers joining those of us who teach at the university level to compare notes and swap ideas there. I think there's plenty of room to benefit in both directions there, to learn more about teaching from those trained in education while those in secondary school courses can benefit from learning what's currently going on at the university and research level to enhance their content and update lesson plans.

I really like this, it will be so much easier to find topics of interest.

I like the change! Having a forum dedicated to education may also benefit the Homework Help forums if we attract some more secondary school teachers as MB mentioned.

Just curious - which job listings are all those jobs from?

lisab said:
Just curious - which job listings are all those jobs from?

I think it's an RSS feed from Nature. I'll double check.

Yes, it's from Nature Jobs (click on "more...")

What is "Restructuring Career & Academic Forums | Be Patient"?

"Restructuring Career & Academic Forums | Be Patient" is a program designed to help individuals navigate career and academic changes in a patient and strategic manner.

Who can benefit from "Restructuring Career & Academic Forums | Be Patient"?

Anyone who is looking to make changes in their career or academic path can benefit from this program. This includes individuals who are considering a career change, individuals who are struggling with their current academic path, or individuals who are looking to advance in their current career or academic field.

What are the key components of "Restructuring Career & Academic Forums | Be Patient"?

The program consists of workshops, one-on-one coaching sessions, and networking opportunities. The workshops cover topics such as goal setting, resume building, and interview skills. The coaching sessions provide personalized guidance and support. And the networking opportunities allow individuals to connect with professionals in their desired field.

How long is the program?

The program typically lasts for 6-8 weeks, depending on the individual's needs and progress. However, participants have access to the program materials and resources for a full year after completion.

Is there a cost for "Restructuring Career & Academic Forums | Be Patient"?

Yes, there is a fee for the program. The cost varies depending on the specific services and resources included. However, scholarships and financial assistance options may be available for those who qualify.