1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Minor in math

1. Aug 10, 2008 #1
    I am currently an electrical engineering major at Fenn College of Engineering. I passes calculus 1 with b and calculus 2 with b and calculus 3 with a and linear algebra with A. Also took pre calculus if that counts. How much more math I need for minor besides differential equations? Also is that class difficult ?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 10, 2008 #2
    also forgot to ask, will I physically get a degree like graduates get from college ???
  4. Aug 10, 2008 #3
    It depends on your school. For example, in my school, none of those classes would count towards a math minor. You need 18 hours of 3000 level or higher math classes, and all of the classes you mentioned are 1000 or 2000 level.
  5. Aug 10, 2008 #4

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

As Monocles said, it really depends on your school. For example, for my math minor I need to take 5 classes (15 hours) out of my curriculum, which happened to be PDEs, Non-Linear Dynamics, Complex Variables, Probability, and Analysis I. Contact the person at your college who is in charge of the math minor program, or contact your adviser if you don't know what that is, and ask him/her about it.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?