Minor Software Upgrade Tomorrow: 1 Hour or Less

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary: I have seen it happen before, like for example my computer mixes up desktop icons when I exit to desktop from some big application like a game or something.
We will be performing a minor software upgrade tomorrow (wed) afternoon. Shouldn't take more than an hour. thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
Greg Bernhardt said:
We will be performing a minor software upgrade tomorrow (wed) afternoon. Shouldn't take more than an hour. thanks!
Fingers crossed!

Refresh buttons on red alert! Actually I think I might be busy then or at least I'll try to be. :smile:

Greg Bernhardt said:

Woo hoo, thanks for picking the time when I'm busy lecturing. :biggrin: I won't have to miss a thing or go through any painful PF withdrawal. :wink:

Moonbear said:
Woo hoo, thanks for picking the time when I'm busy lecturing. :biggrin: I won't have to miss a thing or go through any painful PF withdrawal. :wink:

You mean you normally don't stand at your lectern with the shakes?

Greg any exciting new features or just a tune up?

Evo said:
Greg any exciting new features or just a tune up?

Just a tune up, hopefully will swash a few bugs.

*sigh*

I thought that was because of Evo's new smilies!

Lisa! said:
*sigh*

I thought that was because of Evo's new smilies!
:frown: Me too.

Greg Bernhardt said:
all done, carry on :)

Wow! Didn't even notice :smile:

Practically painless...didn't even need anesthetic!

That was really quick!

That WAS quick! Did you fix the bug that keeps contributors from posting in the Forum Feedback area? We'll see, I guess.

Edit: Yep! Now if you can find a way to make chat stop booting me out every few minutes... Just kidding-it's probably dropped packets through my ISP.

For one thing the default thread title has reverted to <blank>.

turbo-1 said:
Edit: Yep! Now if you can find a way to make chat stop booting me out every few minutes... Just kidding-it's probably dropped packets through my ISP.

It's always the ISP's problem, never PF ;)

Greg Bernhardt said:
It's always the ISP's problem, never PF ;)

:rofl:

Never even noticed any downtime. Though, it would have been better for it to be down now, while I'm supposed to be looking over my lecture notes one last time. :wink: :biggrin:

Looks like the upgrade changed the favicon? Or was it changed right now, for some other reason?

Edit: looks like it has changed right now, not earlier.

Borek said:
Looks like the upgrade changed the favicon? Or was it changed right now, for some other reason?

Edit: looks like it has changed right now, not earlier.

noooooooooo haha, oh well, now I make another

Borek said:
Looks like the upgrade changed the favicon?
Hey, I learned a new word!

Don't make me look it up, what's a favicon?

Evo said:
Don't make me look it up, what's a favicon?

It's the little picture thing to the left of the address bar (if you use firefox). IT used to be a PF, but now it's a little blue thing.

cristo said:
It's the little picture thing to the left of the address bar (if you use firefox). IT used to be a PF, but now it's a little blue thing.
I use IE and it doesn't show up.

Thanks!

Shows up in IE 7 at least.

I still see the same old (I think) "PF" thingie.

It's like the one used on an earlier upgrade.

Looks like the standard vBulletin favicon. :smile:

That must be it. Why no new favicon? :frown:

Kurdt said:
Looks like the standard vBulletin favicon. :smile:

Oh, drat! I guess now is Greg's chance to apply his artistic skills again and think up a new one (unless the old one is saved somewhere).

I see a new one,

favicon.jpg

Last edited:
Andre said:
I see a new one,

favicon.jpg

This is a blogger.com favicon, I think your computer is mixing up things.

My favicon looks normal. But then I haven't cleared my cache.

Borek said:
This is a blogger.com favicon, I think your computer is mixing up things.
I have seen it happen before, like for example my computer mixes up desktop icons when I exit to desktop from some big application like a game or something. Why does it happen?

This is a new favicon on the bright and dark background. I suppose these white strips on the right are not intentional. Sorry if they are :wink:

Attachments

• Untitled-1.png
    Untitled-1.png
    545 bytes · Views: 413

1. What is a minor software upgrade?

A minor software upgrade is a small update or improvement to a software program. It typically includes bug fixes, security patches, and minor feature enhancements.

2. Why is the upgrade taking place tomorrow?

The upgrade is taking place tomorrow to minimize disruption to users. By scheduling it during off-peak hours, we can ensure that the upgrade will have minimal impact on your work.

3. How long will the upgrade take?

The upgrade is expected to take 1 hour or less. However, this may vary depending on the size and complexity of the software. We will do our best to complete the upgrade as quickly as possible.

4. Will I lose any data during the upgrade?

No, the upgrade should not result in any data loss. However, it is always a good idea to save your work before any software update, just in case.

5. Do I need to do anything to prepare for the upgrade?

No, you do not need to do anything to prepare for the upgrade. However, we recommend saving your work and closing the software before the upgrade begins to avoid any potential issues.