Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Missing Bad Behavior Button

1. Apr 27, 2004 #1

Rut Roh

Gold Member

This is just a suggestion for thought maybe, but I have noticed that every body has a bad post button we can push to get a moderator's attention, but we aren't allowed to have access to our own bad behavior button.

Would it be possible to activate the bad behavior button for our own posts also? When I mess up, I don't have a problem addressing it and taking responsibility for whatever the problem was. But I am denied this token of responsibility with not having access to my own bad behavior button.

Thank you,
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2004
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 27, 2004 #2
    Perhaps a compromise solution would be to ask other users to please push your bad behavior button for you.
  4. Apr 27, 2004 #3
    Or just PM a mentor :smile:
  5. Apr 27, 2004 #4

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You can do even better than that: You can delete your own posts!
  6. Apr 27, 2004 #5

Rut Roh

Gold Member

Well, deleting an entire post would have more integrity than having to turn to an arbitrator for taking responsibility for my own behavior. <smile> But it sure does mess up the smoothness of a thread.
  7. Apr 27, 2004 #6
    A bad behavior button of one's own

This reminds me of A Scanner Darkly, wherein an undercover cop who happens to be a pot-smoking hippy in his off-duty life and who's identity is (through the magic of technology and per departmental procedures and regulations) hidden from his superiors is inadvertently assigned to spy on his own off-duty self -- and report on his own bad behavior.

One's own bad behavior button, indeed.
  8. Apr 27, 2004 #7
    I never knew that button existed. Sounds more like a, "Whine about members you don't like button."
  9. Apr 28, 2004 #8

Rut Roh

Gold Member

Hitssquad: LOL @ "A Scanner Darkly" That would be a very interesting position to find yourself in. I hadn't heard of that one.

Dagenais: The bad behavior button is the little red triangle on the left of the screen at the bottom of each post. The purpose is, I guess, that it is a quick response method to get a moderator's attention to stop a bad situation from getting out of hand.
  10. Apr 28, 2004 #9
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?