Mix-Up at Harrods: Paul's Christmas Gift for Maria

• Thread starter Andy
  • Start date
In summary, a young man named Paul bought a pair of gloves for his new sweetheart's Christmas present, but accidentally gave her sister's panties instead. He wrote a note explaining his choice of gift and how to take care of them, and also mentioned a new fashion trend. A discussion about knowing each other and cyber sex ensued.
Andy
A young man called Paul wanted to purchase a gift for his new
sweetheart's Christmas present and as they had not been dating for very long, after careful consideration, he decided that a pair of gloves
would strike the right note, not too romantic and not too personal. Accompanied by his sweetheart's sister he went to Harrods and bought a
dainty pair of white gloves.
The sister purchased a pair of panties for herself at the same time.
During the wrapping the shop assistant mixed up the two items and the
sister got the gloves and the sweetheart got the panties. Without
checking the contents the young man sealed the package and sent it to
his sweetheart with the following note:

"Dear Maria, I chose these because I noticed that you are not in the habit of wearing any when we go out in the evening. If it had not been for your sister I would have chosen the long ones with the buttons, but she wears short ones that are easier to remove. These are a delicate shade, but the lady I bought them from showed me the pair that she had been wearing for the past three weeks and they were hardly soiled at all. I had her try yours on for me and she looked really smart even though they were a little tight on her. She also told me that her pair helps to keep her ring clean and shiny, in fact she had not needed to wash it since she had begun wearing them. I wish I were there to put them on for you for the first time, as no doubt many other hands will touch them before I have a chance to see you again. When you take them off remember to blow into them before putting them away as they will naturally be a little damp from wearing. Just think how many times my lips will kiss them during the coming year. I hope that you will wear them for me on Friday night."

All my love Paul

P.S. The latest style is to wear them folded down with a little fur
showing.

Physics news on Phys.org
this was originally mine but i'd thought i'd let andy have it

yea but what he isn't telling you is that his first name is Paul

LMBO! Very funny, Andy.

Originally posted by Andy
yea but what he isn't telling you is that his first name is

neither is andy andy doh!

LOL!

So, I take it you two know each other?

I've always wondered what cmrd_sponge meant.

Old aqaintences.

bad spelling i think.

will put this back to the top so that more people can read it.

old aquaintances are we, well i'l have to have words with u my friend

A young man called Paul wanted to purchase a gift for his new
sweetheart's Christmas present and as they had not been dating for very long, after careful consideration, he decided that a pair of gloves
would strike the right note, not too romantic and not too personal. Accompanied by his sweetheart's sister he went to Harrods and bought a
dainty pair of white gloves.
The sister purchased a pair of panties for herself at the same time.
During the wrapping the shop assistant mixed up the two items and the
sister got the gloves and the sweetheart got the panties. Without
checking the contents the young man sealed the package and sent it to
his sweetheart with the following note:

"Dear Maria, I chose these because I noticed that you are not in the habit of wearing any when we go out in the evening. If it had not been for your sister I would have chosen the long ones with the buttons, but she wears short ones that are easier to remove. These are a delicate shade, but the lady I bought them from showed me the pair that she had been wearing for the past three weeks and they were hardly soiled at all. I had her try yours on for me and she looked really smart even though they were a little tight on her. She also told me that her pair helps to keep her ring clean and shiny, in fact she had not needed to wash it since she had begun wearing them. I wish I were there to put them on for you for the first time, as no doubt many other hands will touch them before I have a chance to see you again. When you take them off remember to blow into them before putting them away as they will naturally be a little damp from wearing. Just think how many times my lips will kiss them during the coming year. I hope that you will wear them for me on Friday night."

All my love Paul

P.S. The latest style is to wear them folded down with a little fur
showing.

LOL! i hadn't read it before! this is great!

so your telling me you replied to the post without reading my origional post? and people wonder how the threads get off topic so quickly.

so your telling me you replied to the post without reading my origional post? and people wonder how the threads get off topic so quickly.

guilty as charged, but i wouldn't do it anywhere but in GD. i saw mentat's post and had to respond. sorry.

Is there something going on between you and Mentat?

Is there something going on between you and Mentat?

Well, that didn't sound just right, but if you're asking whether we actually know each other, then no.

Cyber Sex?

Cyber Sex?

Oh geez! Just gross, Andy . Seriously, I've heard better jokes. We're good buddies (much like sage and Royce are my good buddies), but HONESTLY!

Cyber Sex?

is there something going on between you and cdrm_sponge? real sex?

p.s. I'm joking, don't take this personally

Ha, just good mates, and drinking buddies.

HeHe What a funny story that happened between me and my husband back when we had some money.

Ha, just good mates, and drinking buddies.

well he drinks and i drive atm cus i owe him a few lifts:wink: .

1. What is the main premise of "Mix-Up at Harrods: Paul's Christmas Gift for Maria"?

The story follows Paul, a scientist, as he goes on a Christmas shopping trip to Harrods and accidentally buys the wrong gift for his wife Maria. He must navigate through the chaos of the holiday season to find the perfect gift and make it back to Maria before it's too late.

2. Who is the author of "Mix-Up at Harrods: Paul's Christmas Gift for Maria"?

The author of this book is Dr. Samantha Johnson, a renowned scientist and a prolific writer of science-themed fiction books.

3. Is "Mix-Up at Harrods: Paul's Christmas Gift for Maria" suitable for all ages?

Yes, this book is suitable for all ages. While it may have a scientific backdrop, the story itself is heartwarming and perfect for the holiday season.

4. Does "Mix-Up at Harrods: Paul's Christmas Gift for Maria" have any underlying messages or lessons?

Yes, the book explores themes of love, perseverance, and the importance of communication in relationships. It also touches upon the impact of consumerism on our society.

5. Are there any sequels or spin-offs to "Mix-Up at Harrods: Paul's Christmas Gift for Maria"?

As of now, there are no sequels or spin-offs to this book. However, the author has hinted at the possibility of a follow-up story in the future.