Find a SPICE Mixer Model for LTSpice Simulation

• Thread starter f95toli
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Model
In summary, the conversation discusses a request for a SPICE model of a mixer with all three inputs (LO, RF, and IF) and a double-balanced mixer in LTSpice is suggested as a solution. However, the attachment provided is not working but the circuit can be reproduced from the image alone. The conversation also includes a request for the attachment to be sent to an email address.
f95toli
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Does anyone know of a reasonably good SPICE model of a mixer? Something that I can use in LTSpice?

It doesn't have to be accurate (meaning it doesn't need to be based on intermodulation tables) since all I am doing is trying to learn about feedback systems that contain RF elements. However, I would like it to have all 3 inputs (LO,RF and IF).

I know you can multiply two voltages in SPICE etc to emulate mixing, but that is a bit too basic for what I am doing.

Engineering news on Phys.org
https://www.physicsforums.com/attachments/22095Here is a double-balanced mixer in LTSPICE. It is shown with RF and LO of 500 and 600 Hz inputs, and a 100 Hz IF output.
Bob S

Attachments

• Double-balanced-mixer.jpg
    Double-balanced-mixer.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 3,263
Last edited:
Thanks, that is just what I needed.
The attachment is not working for some reason, but I should be able to reproduce the circuit from the image alone.

Bob S said:
https://www.physicsforums.com/attachments/22095Here is a double-balanced mixer in LTSPICE. It is shown with RF and LO of 500 and 600 Hz inputs, and a 100 Hz IF output.
Bob S

Hai friend,
I couldn't download your attachment, can u able to repost it..
or could you please send it to my ID "kalidasascreator@gmail.com"

Thanks in Advance

f95toli said:
Thanks, that is just what I needed.
The attachment is not working for some reason, but I should be able to reproduce the circuit from the image alone.

sir please send this attachment.needed for project.thanks in advance

Here is copy of 4-diode double balanced mixer schematic (attached):* C:\Program Files\LTC\LTspiceIV\mixer-double-balanced.asc
L1 N001 0 10m
L2 0 N007 10m
L3 N004 0 10m
L4 Vout N008 10m
L5 N002 Vout 10m
L6 N005 0 10m
D1 N001 N002 BAT54
D2 N007 N008 BAT54
D3 N002 N007 BAT54
D4 N008 N001 BAT54
V1 N003 0 SINE(0 0.5 500 0 0 0 600)
V2 N006 0 SINE(0 .5 600 0 0 0 600)
R1 N006 N005 51
R2 N004 N003 51
.model D D
.lib C:\Program Files\LTC\LTspiceIV\lib\cmp\standard.dio
K1 L1 L2 L3 1
K2 L4 L5 L6 1
.tran 0 0.05 0 0.0001
* Mixer-double-balanced
* 500 Hz x 510 Hz --> 10 Hz
* Bob S\n11/14/09
.backanno
.end

Attachments

• Double-balanced-mixer3.jpg
    Double-balanced-mixer3.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 2,076
Last edited:

1. What is SPICE and why is it used for LTSpice simulation?

SPICE stands for Simulation Program with Integrated Circuit Emphasis and it is a software tool used for simulating and analyzing the behavior of electronic circuits. It is used for LTSpice simulation because it is a powerful and accurate tool for simulating the performance of electronic circuits and helps in the design and development of electronic systems.

2. How do I find a SPICE mixer model for LTSpice simulation?

You can find a SPICE mixer model for LTSpice simulation by searching online for available models or by creating your own model using a SPICE-compatible circuit simulation software. Many manufacturers also provide SPICE models for their products which can be downloaded from their websites.

3. Can I use any SPICE mixer model for LTSpice simulation?

No, not all SPICE mixer models are compatible with LTSpice simulation. LTSpice has its own specific format for models, so it is important to make sure that the model you are using is compatible with LTSpice. It is also recommended to use models from reputable sources to ensure accuracy and reliability.

4. How do I import a SPICE mixer model into LTSpice?

To import a SPICE mixer model into LTSpice, go to File > Open and select the .cir file of the model. If the model is in a different format, you can convert it to LTSpice format using a SPICE-compatible converter software. Once imported, you can use the model in your LTSpice simulation.

5. How do I verify the accuracy of a SPICE mixer model in LTSpice simulation?

To verify the accuracy of a SPICE mixer model in LTSpice simulation, you can compare the simulation results with real-world measurements or with results from other simulation tools. It is also important to carefully check the parameters and assumptions used in the model to ensure they are appropriate for your specific circuit.