Mixing Field and string theory?

In summary, a discussion about the possibility of using string theory and point field theory to generate enough energy for space travel and the potential for folding space was brought up. The conversation also touched on the classified work of Nikola Tesla and the potential for his research to uncover the missing link in physics. It was suggested that the topic be moved to a different section for further discussion.
ChrisAvery
A Post that was started because of speeds in space on the bc3000 boards..Im wounder how correct this thought is and if its not, then were the flaw is..(They were talking about the Power req of getting to the speed of light and traveling long distances)

Power Probly has less to do with it than how and were the power is applied-I wonder if anyone has tried mixing, 0 Field point theroy and string theroy.. It occurred to me that if U could figure out what "teases" an Electron into becoming an electron from the point field then U might have ALL the bloody energy U need. If I am correct then the "String that IS an electron" becomes such because of a resonance or some such property of our Spacetime makeup. Or ontherwords, because of the Rules impossed upon us by Our 4 demsions. There are a lot of smart People in this forum It seems..Maybe I'm missing somthing...GOD I wish I could get my hands on Tesla's classified stuff.

When Tesla, Died a lot of his work was taken by our Gov and classified..My guess judgeing by what work he was most interested in, is that he was on the right track to figureing out our MIssing link in Physics..(I don't think he was looking for the missing link. But the work he was doing is what was needed to expose it) There is no need to travel A Zillion miles if U can "bring were U want to go to U" by folding space..Unfortunatley the energies we need to do this, along with the mechanics of were how and to what degree this energy needs to be applied are not here...In the public domain...The key to EVERYTHING from what I can makeout is the making of enough energy. After that we can figure out were how and to what degree to apply our power. I do believe the 2 things though are linked..the making of this "teased" energy and then learning to fold space are probly linked..

Chris

Physics news on Phys.org
Hmmmm I am thinking this needs to be moved to theroy. I googled this website and didnt look were everything was before I posted. How do I get this moved?
Chris

Oh I bet someone will take care of that for you more sooner than later...

No Dought :tongue: . Interesting that I've had no complaints or reprimands/ :biggrin: . I've had some new thoughts but don't want to look like a total idiot, so I've been waiting to see if it was a bad overall idea. Guess i could post some additions in theory and see what happens.

1. What is the difference between field theory and string theory?

Field theory, also known as quantum field theory, is a framework that describes the behavior of subatomic particles by treating them as excitations in a field. String theory, on the other hand, is a theoretical framework that attempts to unify all of the fundamental forces of nature by describing them in terms of tiny vibrating strings instead of point-like particles.

2. Can field theory and string theory be combined?

Yes, they can be combined in what is called "mixing field and string theory". This approach combines the mathematical tools and concepts of both field theory and string theory to create a more comprehensive framework that can potentially explain all of the known forces and particles in the universe.

3. What are the potential implications of mixing field and string theory?

If successful, mixing field and string theory could lead to a complete understanding of the fundamental laws of nature and potentially solve some of the biggest mysteries in physics, such as the unification of gravity with the other fundamental forces, and the nature of dark matter and dark energy.

4. How is mixing field and string theory being studied?

Scientists are using a variety of mathematical and computational techniques to study the implications of mixing field and string theory. This includes developing new theoretical models, conducting experiments at particle accelerators, and analyzing data from cosmological observations.

5. Is there any experimental evidence for mixing field and string theory?

Currently, there is no direct experimental evidence for mixing field and string theory. However, some predictions of the theory, such as the existence of extra dimensions, have yet to be tested and may provide evidence for its validity in the future.