1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mixing fonts with Word's Find&Replace

1. Sep 21, 2005 #1

honestrosewater

Gold Member

Nevermind, I figured it out. If anyone else has the same question, there are options on the Find&Replace feature that allow you to control font and such. I just somehow overlooked the font one.
    _________
    I'm typing up a phonetic transcription of a play using a special phonetic font and Keyman keyboard in Word. I have the original, normal text on the bottom and am typing my transcription above it, deleting the bottom text as I go.
    I would like to save myself some time and trouble by Finding & Replacing as many words as possible, usng Word's Find&Replace. BUT I can't figure out how to Replace a word with another word in a different font.
    The phonetic font doesn't have many of the normal characters, or if it does, the key assignments are different. If I change the normal text to the phonetic font, it becomes quite nonsensical.
    I could figure out and memorize what each normal character changes into in the phonetic font and just try reading the untranscribed text in the phonetic font. But I would much rather be able to Replace words with a different font than they were originally typed in. Does anyone know if or how I can do that?

Last edited: Sep 22, 2005
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted