1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mod-11 Ripple Counter

1. Nov 11, 2007 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    Create a mod-11 ripple counter using Flip flops and standard logic gates. Only usable flipflops are T,D, and JK. I've used T.

2. Relevant equations
    Using Quartus II simulation software

3. The attempt at a solution

I have the block diagram all done and the simulation. Everything works fine. Except! When the 4 bits get to decimal 11(when its supposed to reset back to 0), it does with every T-flip flop except the third bit. So the decimal when it "resets" is equal to 4, not zero. It actually changes the third bit from 0, to 1 prematurely. I've attached the block diagram and the simulation waveform file with the error pointed out. Any help or hints would be greatly appreciated! Maybe I'm misunderstanding how the reset input works, but unfortunately I have a very poor teacher and the class is usually left to fend for itself in terms of teaching and clarification.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 11, 2007
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?