Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Model electrodes and plates in ANSYS

Tags:
  1. Aug 2, 2016 #1
    Hello,

I am trying to model an electric setup in ANSYS Workbench. I want to model some charged surfaces surrounded by charges. Then these are in an electric field created by two electrodes. I uploaded an image for visual aid.

Problem_picture.png

I have been playing around with the software for a while an am not even sure if this is possible. I have also tried contacting ANSYS developers but nothing happened.

I would prefer a 2D analysis but 3D is fine too. Any ideas?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 7, 2016 #2
    Thanks for the thread! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post? The more details the better.

4. Aug 8, 2016 #3
    Thanks. I guess it could be reworded. I think if I can get my hands on a video of PDF or another resource that can talks about using ANSYS to model point charges I can work from there. The problem is that when I look for that stuff online almost everything I find is about modeling actual mechanical parts that produce electricity like batteries.

Another resource that could help is a tutorial or manual for the "Electric" or "Magnetostatic" modules of ANSYS Workbench

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted