Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Model for free market growth

1. Jun 14, 2014 #1
    Hi guys, I am not economist, but can anybody tell me whether there is a mathematical model for growth in free market economy without state intervention? Where can I look them up? Thanks.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 17, 2014 #2

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

This is kind of temptative, i.e., somewhat-speculative, so you should ignore if someone comes up with something more substantial, but, from what I know, the Austrian school of Economics may give you a lead.
  4. Jun 17, 2014 #3
    Solow-Swan model. Although it doesn't really refer to free markets, the mechanisms which make long-term growth happen are savings, capital accumulation and technological progress, which can happen with no direct government intervention. Of course there has to be a government enforcing the law, trust policies and to facilitate new investment, etc..
  5. Jun 22, 2014 #4
    What exactly do you want to model? (Because Tosh suggested a reasonable, simple answer, which for example ignores short term swings)
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted