Model for free market growth

1. Hi guys, I am not economist, but can anybody tell me whether there is a mathematical model for growth in free market economy without state intervention? Where can I look them up? Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. WWGD

WWGD 1,444
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

This is kind of temptative, i.e., somewhat-speculative, so you should ignore if someone comes up with something more substantial, but, from what I know, the Austrian school of Economics may give you a lead.

4. Solow-Swan model. Although it doesn't really refer to free markets, the mechanisms which make long-term growth happen are savings, capital accumulation and technological progress, which can happen with no direct government intervention. Of course there has to be a government enforcing the law, trust policies and to facilitate new investment, etc..

5. LayMuon:
    What exactly do you want to model? (Because Tosh suggested a reasonable, simple answer, which for example ignores short term swings)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted