Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Moderators Keep On Harrassing Me for Being Politically Incorrect

1. Feb 10, 2005 #1
    First it was Ian Smith, now Kerrie with the PMs giving me warnings. I thought this forum supported academic freedom. I guess I was wrong. I hope no one on the administration team here ever criticizes the society of the past for persecuting intellectuals like Galileo, Copernicus, and Socrates for being polically incorrect, for that would be hypocritical.

Ironically, Ian Smith made the comment "Yeah but you need to understand the past and the mistake made during that time to make sure that mistake are not repeated in the future" https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=62323

Cheers!

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 10, 2005 #2
    Contact Guidelines:
    When contacting me or a specific mentor please make use of our Private Message system or email us. Do not post a topic in a forum regarding your situation.

4. Feb 10, 2005 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

A person needs to excersize at least a modicum of judgement as to what crosses the line from "academic freedom" to bad taste, poor judgement, and denigrating/insulting.

Having read your posts I stand 100% behind Ian Smith and Kerrie.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2005
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?