Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

B Modified Newtonian dynamics

1. Sep 27, 2018 #1
    Hello Everbody
    In Sci Shows newest video they take about alternates to Dark Matter and one of these is Modified Newtonian dynamicse. The guy states that there were two teams one proved that it existed and the other did the the opposite.
    My question is why they can't and didn't compare there experiments?. There must be a difference in their experiments.
    Thanks for any answers
    Here is the Link

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 27, 2018 #2

phinds

Gold Member

I haven't watched the video but here's my take on the issue: MOND is generally not in favor, as there are too many things it doesn't handle, but it has not been totally discredited. Dark Matter is more in favor but it too is not a sure thing. Dark matter particles have never been observed, but not for lack of trying.

4. Oct 13, 2018 #3
    how many years do you believe until we might find them? I heard Sean Carrol talking to Joe Rogan saying if we don't find it within the next 2-3 years we might have to question our theories? Is that actually the case?

5. Oct 13, 2018 #4

phinds

Gold Member

That's all beyond my knowledge

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted