Modified Newtonian dynamics

• B
  • Thread starter Elbraido
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

Hello Everbody
In Sci Shows newest video they take about alternates to Dark Matter and one of these is Modified Newtonian dynamicse. The guy states that there were two teams one proved that it existed and the other did the the opposite.
My question is why they can't and didn't compare there experiments?. There must be a difference in their experiments.
Thanks for any answers
Here is the Link

Answers and Replies

phinds
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
2019 Award
I haven't watched the video but here's my take on the issue: MOND is generally not in favor, as there are too many things it doesn't handle, but it has not been totally discredited. Dark Matter is more in favor but it too is not a sure thing. Dark matter particles have never been observed, but not for lack of trying.

I haven't watched the video but here's my take on the issue: MOND is generally not in favor, as there are too many things it doesn't handle, but it has not been totally discredited. Dark Matter is more in favor but it too is not a sure thing. Dark matter particles have never been observed, but not for lack of trying.
how many years do you believe until we might find them? I heard Sean Carrol talking to Joe Rogan saying if we don't find it within the next 2-3 years we might have to question our theories? Is that actually the case?

phinds
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
2019 Award
how many years do you believe until we might find them? I heard Sean Carrol talking to Joe Rogan saying if we don't find it within the next 2-3 years we might have to question our theories? Is that actually the case?
That's all beyond my knowledge