1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Modulation schemes book

1. Aug 24, 2006 #1
    Hello to everyone i am looking for a book dedicated to the modulation schemes. I want to read about the basics but also more advanced modulation schemes such as OFDM,QAM,DPSK etc
    Do u know any book or url that i can find the information i need?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 24, 2006 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

My old text was "Introduction to Communication Systems" by Ferrel Stremler.

4. Aug 24, 2006 #3
    Thx a lot what modulation schemes explained? I need a book that includes almost everything from modulation schemes... old and the newest ones.
    Thx for your time

5. Aug 24, 2006 #4

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

I have the older 1st edition of Stremler. I don't know if much got added or updated in the 2nd edition:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/02...456181/ref=sr_1_1/104-6648413-7533527?ie=UTF8

Here's the contents of the 1st edition:

1 -- Intro
    2 -- Orthogonality and Signal Representations
    3 -- Fourier Transform and Applications
    4 -- Power Spectral Density
    5 -- Ampl Modulation (AM, FDM, SSB)
    6 -- Angle Mod (FM, PM)
    7 -- Pulse Mod (PAM, TDM, PWM, PPM, PCM)
    8 -- Probability and Random Variables
    9 -- Information and Digital Transmission (BW vs. SNR, PCM vs. optimum)
    Appendices (math tables, broadcast band info, erf, preemphasis systems, Bessel functions, etc.)

EDIT -- I'd guess he's added at least CDM in the 2nd edition, but I'm not sure. Maybe check out the book at your local technical library -- they should have a copy.

6. Aug 24, 2006 #5
    thx a lot i am also looking for more advanced modulation schemes such as dpsk,gmsk,qam,fsk etc

7. Aug 26, 2006 #6

Ouabache

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

My text was Communication Systems by Simon Haykin, which I feel was very well written. (I used the 3rd edition). It covered very similar topics as Stremler.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2006
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?