Modulation schemes book

1. Hello to everyone i am looking for a book dedicated to the modulation schemes. I want to read about the basics but also more advanced modulation schemes such as OFDM,QAM,DPSK etc
    Do u know any book or url that i can find the information i need?

2. jcsd
  3. berkeman

Staff: Mentor

My old text was "Introduction to Communication Systems" by Ferrel Stremler.

4. Thx a lot what modulation schemes explained? I need a book that includes almost everything from modulation schemes... old and the newest ones.
    Thx for your time

5. berkeman

Staff: Mentor

I have the older 1st edition of Stremler. I don't know if much got added or updated in the 2nd edition:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/02...456181/ref=sr_1_1/104-6648413-7533527?ie=UTF8

Here's the contents of the 1st edition:

1 -- Intro
    2 -- Orthogonality and Signal Representations
    3 -- Fourier Transform and Applications
    4 -- Power Spectral Density
    5 -- Ampl Modulation (AM, FDM, SSB)
    6 -- Angle Mod (FM, PM)
    7 -- Pulse Mod (PAM, TDM, PWM, PPM, PCM)
    8 -- Probability and Random Variables
    9 -- Information and Digital Transmission (BW vs. SNR, PCM vs. optimum)
    Appendices (math tables, broadcast band info, erf, preemphasis systems, Bessel functions, etc.)

EDIT -- I'd guess he's added at least CDM in the 2nd edition, but I'm not sure. Maybe check out the book at your local technical library -- they should have a copy.

6. thx a lot i am also looking for more advanced modulation schemes such as dpsk,gmsk,qam,fsk etc

7. Ouabache

Ouabache 1,323
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

My text was Communication Systems by Simon Haykin, which I feel was very well written. (I used the 3rd edition). It covered very similar topics as Stremler.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2006
Know someone interested in this topic? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?