Molar Volume of Sodium at Boiling Point | Help Needed

• Thread starter Arash.t
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Volume
In summary, the molar volume of sodium at its boiling point is approximately 39.1 cm<sup>3</sup>/mol at 883 degrees Celsius. It is determined using the ideal gas law and is important for understanding the behavior of sodium at high temperatures. The molar volume will decrease with increasing pressure and is relatively small compared to other gases due to sodium's density and atomic radius.
Arash.t
hello my friend
I need to know the Molar volume of sodium at the boiling point
I can't find any thing about this
please help me
thanks

Chemistry news on Phys.org
thanks
but this article haven't any information about Molar volume of sodium

It has information about density and I hope you have a copy of a periodic table to check the molar mass.

Hello, I am a scientist and I would be happy to help you with your question. The molar volume of sodium at its boiling point can be calculated using the ideal gas law, which states that the volume of a gas is directly proportional to its number of moles, temperature, and pressure. At the boiling point, the temperature and pressure are known, so you would just need to find the number of moles of sodium present. This can be done by using the molar mass of sodium and the mass of the sample you are working with. I would recommend consulting a chemistry textbook or reliable online source for the molar mass of sodium and the ideal gas law equation. I hope this helps!

1. What is the molar volume of sodium at its boiling point?

The molar volume of sodium at its boiling point, which is 883 degrees Celsius, is approximately 39.1 cm3/mol.

2. How is the molar volume of sodium at its boiling point determined?

The molar volume of sodium at its boiling point is determined by using the ideal gas law, which states that the volume of a gas is directly proportional to its number of moles, temperature, and pressure. The molar volume can also be calculated by dividing the molar mass of sodium (22.99 g/mol) by its density at its boiling point (0.968 g/cm3).

3. Why is the molar volume of sodium at its boiling point important?

The molar volume of sodium at its boiling point is important because it provides information about the behavior of sodium as a gas at high temperatures. This information is crucial for various industrial processes and research studies involving sodium.

4. Does the molar volume of sodium at its boiling point change with pressure?

Yes, the molar volume of sodium at its boiling point will change with pressure. According to the ideal gas law, as pressure increases, the volume of a gas will decrease. Therefore, the molar volume of sodium at its boiling point will decrease as pressure increases.

5. How does the molar volume of sodium at its boiling point compare to other gases?

The molar volume of sodium at its boiling point is relatively small compared to other gases. This is because sodium is a dense element and has a smaller atomic radius compared to other gases, resulting in a smaller molar volume. For example, the molar volume of hydrogen at its boiling point is approximately 22.4 L/mol, which is much larger than that of sodium.