Molecular Biology Q&A: Ask Questions Here

In summary, the biology forum is the appropriate place to ask molecular biology questions. However, it is not possible to delete posts that are the start of a thread.
sobored
can we post molecular biology questions here? (just to have something to type since i can't delete this post...BTW how can we delete our own posts?)

Last edited:
Biology news on Phys.org
sobored said:
can we post molecular biology questions here? (just to have something to type since i can't delete this post...BTW how can we delete our own posts?)

Dont worry, okay ?
you and I will disappear in a few minutes..Happily waiting for mentors's action ?

Ready ? Go !

Sure, the biology forum is the place to ask molecular biology questions. You can't delete a post that is the start of a thread.

Vance said:
Dont worry, okay ?
you and I will disappear in a few minutes..Happily waiting for mentors's action ?

Ready ? Go !

too sad, Vance :cry: i think you and i have to stay here forever, since i can't delete it anyway :biggrin:

sobored said:
This is a thread on forums scripted using php and already implemented in a way by...implementers that posters are not allowed to delete their own post if it is the original one..., no earthquakes anyway, :cool: and gentle I am...

Ok, sobored do you have any molecular biology questions ?? post them ! :cool:

What is molecular biology?

Molecular biology is a branch of biology that focuses on the study of biological processes at the molecular level. This includes the structure, function, and interactions of molecules such as DNA, RNA, and proteins.

What techniques are commonly used in molecular biology?

Some common techniques used in molecular biology include polymerase chain reaction (PCR), gel electrophoresis, cloning, and DNA sequencing. These techniques allow scientists to study and manipulate DNA and other molecules in order to understand their roles in biological processes.

How is molecular biology used in medicine?

Molecular biology has many applications in medicine, including the development of diagnostic tests, treatments, and vaccines. It is also used in genetic testing and gene therapy to identify and treat diseases caused by genetic mutations.

What is the role of DNA in molecular biology?

DNA (deoxyribonucleic acid) is the molecule that carries genetic information in all living organisms. In molecular biology, DNA is studied to understand how it codes for proteins and how it is regulated to control cellular processes. DNA also plays a crucial role in the development and evolution of living organisms.

What are some current topics of research in molecular biology?

Some current topics of research in molecular biology include gene editing using CRISPR technology, epigenetics and its role in gene expression, and the study of non-coding DNA and its potential functions. Other areas of research include investigating the molecular basis of diseases and developing new therapies based on this knowledge.