Molekule - The air purifier that literally destroys toxins - ??

• Thread starter kyphysics
  • Start date

jim mcnamara

Mentor
Thank you @russ_watters, thread closed.

russ_watters

Mentor
@russ_watters is an HVAC engineer and if he has worked hospitals he would have first hand experience. Anyway there is a rigorous way to determine air turn over in a house or a building. If there were none you would asphyxiate due to CO2 buildup. More people more buildup. I cannot recall what russ said about this but total replacement of the domestic air volume is on the order of 4 hours. (Please correct me).
It depends a lot on the age and quality of the building and the weather, but that's in the ballpark. But it is indeed true that houses being too "tight" can be a problem -- commercial buildings are basically required to have forced ventilation though.

FYI, my experience is with pharma; not much with hospitals. Some similarities for the purpose of this discussion though.
The point is: the air is refreshed more or less constantly to achieve this goal.
To be honest, I'm not quite sure what you're getting at with this post, but I can work with it: because you always have dirt/dust/pollen/whatever coming into your house and you and your pets are always shedding particles at a disturbingly high rate, the single most important factor in filtration effectiveness is airflow.
For example, if a HEPA filter processes a volume of air with a million particles at 99.97% efficiency, it removes 999,700 particles from the air. But a 90% filter would remove 900,000. And if you double the airflow for the lower efficiency filter, it removes 1.8 million particles in the same time. That's why clean rooms have very high air change rates.

russ_watters

Mentor
UV sterilization of air flow is a fact for hospitals. See the NIH link above.
Yes, for pharma too; duct and/or wall mounted:

I know this is a couple of posts after a lock, but I figured it might be helpful...