1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Moments and equilibrium

1. Apr 8, 2014 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

problem attached

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution
    i had no problem with part i and ii , iii on the other hand, i simply dont know what i should do , i figured out that the required h will be the one making the center of mass of the whole body on the vertical from the point it's standing on ( moments from both center of masses will be equal )
    but i have no idea how to get that

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 9, 2014 #2

NascentOxygen

Staff: Mentor

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  4. Apr 10, 2014 #3

nvn

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Axe199: It is just geometry and trigonometry, and the moment summation you mentioned in post 1 ... and algebra. And arithmetic. Just start by drawing and labeling the trigonometry; any and everything you know. Eventually, you will build relationships, and be able to write expressions. Just start, and try something. If you do not try something, and do not make a valid attempt, then we cannot check your math and give you hints on where you went wrong.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted