Finding Dy: Problem & Solution for Part (a) of Question

• Thread starter smr101
  • Start date
In summary, the problem involves calculating the values of Ay, Dx, and Dy, with given values for Cx and Cy. The solution requires taking moments about A and considering the moment contribution at C for both the X and Y components. The vertical distance of the load acting from the base is needed, which is 1. After taking these factors into account, the solution for Dy can be obtained successfully.
smr101
Hi,

I'm looking for help with this question, part (a).

Should be noted that Cx = 10kN and Cy = 17.32kN.

Problem and solution below.

OKXgO.jpg

oZtUI.jpg

I've calculated Ay and Dx succesfully but I'm having problems getting Dy. Do I need to use moments again, and if so, how?

Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
yes . take moment about A. consider moment contribution at C ...both X and Y.. u need vertical distance of load that act from base.. that would be 1 . so that's it

Likes smr101
praveenpandiyan said:
yes . take moment about A. consider moment contribution at C ...both X and Y.. u need vertical distance of load that act from base.. that would be 1 . so that's it

OK, I've got it now, much appreciated.

1. What is the problem in finding Dy for part (a) of the question?

The problem in finding Dy for part (a) of the question is that there is not enough information given to accurately calculate this value. We need more data or equations to solve for Dy.

2. How can we solve for Dy in part (a) of the question?

To solve for Dy, we can use additional information or equations provided in the question or we can make assumptions and estimate the value of Dy. Alternatively, we can also conduct experiments to gather more data and then use it to calculate Dy.

3. Can we use any formulas or principles to find Dy in part (a) of the question?

Yes, we can use various mathematical formulas or principles such as trigonometry, calculus, or physics laws to find Dy in part (a) of the question. However, we need to have enough information and data to apply these formulas accurately.

4. What are some common challenges in finding Dy for part (a) of the question?

Some common challenges in finding Dy for part (a) of the question include lack of information, incomplete data, or incorrect assumptions. It is important to carefully analyze the question and use appropriate methods to overcome these challenges.

5. How important is it to accurately find Dy for part (a) of the question?

Finding Dy accurately is crucial as it affects the overall accuracy and validity of the results or findings in the question. Even a small error in calculating Dy can lead to significant discrepancies in the final outcome. Therefore, it is important to carefully consider all factors and use reliable methods to find Dy.