1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Momentum and collision

1. Aug 7, 2011 #1
    1. an 85kg jogger is heading due east at a speed of 3m/s. A 55kg jogger is heading 39degree north of east at a speed of 3m/s. Find the magnitude and direction of the sum of the momenta of the two joggers.

2.i have no idea about this question......can someone tells me what is this question talking about and what should i do in previously....
    help me.....please
    thank you

3. The attempt at a solution

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 7, 2011 #2

lewando

Gold Member

I’m sure you must have some idea about the question. If this is a homework question, then isn’t this subject covered by your instructor and supported by course materials? This question is talking about vector addition—in this case, the addition of 2 momentum vectors. Have you covered vector addition? Momentum? Do some reading and give it a try, and then come back with any questions you might have.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook