Momentum Communication Question

In summary, using a proper bungee cord during a jump creates a longer time interval and lower force, while using an ordinary rope results in a shorter time interval and higher force, leading to different levels of injury for the jumper.
Plutonium88
A bungee jumper jumps from a very high tower with bungee cords attached to his ankles. As he reaches the end of the bungee cord, it begins to stretch. The cord stretches for relatively long time and then it recoils pulling him back up. After several bounces he dangles unhurt from the bungee cord. If he jumped from the same point with an ordinary rope attached to his ankles he would be very severely injured.

Use the concept of impulse to explain, in details the difference in the results of a jump using a proper bungee cord and using an ordinary rope.

My answer so far.. Please correct me so i can get full marks :( :
i)
The bungee jumper using a bungee cord during his jump creates a greater force time interval due to the cords elasticity.

This means that when the jumper jumps his momentum transfers from the initial jump to when his body and the rope recoil on one and other, but due to the great elasticity in the cord, he bounces creating more time during the collision, his time interval increases decreasing the force exerted by the cord.
ii)
If a bungee jumper were to use a rope, he would not bounce during his collision, since the rope has little to no elasticity his time interval during collision would be extremely faster than with a bungee cord (although in ms). Therefore since the time interval has decreased, the force Value must increase.

(I Don't know how to describe the constants properly and fit them in my answer in regards to P, T And F.)

I would greatly appreciate some help please :(

Physics news on Phys.org
Answer: i) The bungee jumper using a bungee cord during his jump creates a greater force time interval due to the cords elasticity. This means that when the jumper jumps his momentum transfers from the initial jump to when his body and the rope recoil on one and other, but due to the great elasticity in the cord, he bounces creating more time during the collision, his time interval increases decreasing the force exerted by the cord. This decrease in force enables the jumper to be pulled back up and experience fewer injuries.ii) If a bungee jumper were to use a rope, he would not bounce during his collision, since the rope has little to no elasticity his time interval during collision would be extremely faster than with a bungee cord (although in ms). Therefore since the time interval has decreased, the force Value must increase. This increase in force means that the jumper experiences a greater impact on their body, resulting in more severe injuries. The impulse is the product of the force and the time interval of the collision – a greater force combined with a shorter time interval results in a greater impulse, which is why the use of a bungee cord is safer for the jumper than an ordinary rope.

What is momentum communication?

Momentum communication refers to the ability to effectively and efficiently convey information or ideas with a sense of urgency, energy, and enthusiasm.

Why is momentum communication important?

Momentum communication is important because it can help individuals and teams achieve their goals more quickly and effectively. It can also improve collaboration, motivation, and engagement among team members.

How can one improve their momentum communication skills?

Some ways to improve momentum communication skills include practicing active listening, using positive and confident body language, and being concise and specific in your communication. It is also important to understand your audience and adjust your communication style accordingly.

What are some examples of momentum communication in the workplace?

Some examples of momentum communication in the workplace include team meetings with a clear agenda and purpose, quick and effective decision-making, and regular communication updates to keep team members informed and motivated.

How can momentum communication benefit a team or organization?

Momentum communication can benefit a team or organization by improving productivity, efficiency, and collaboration. It can also create a sense of urgency and drive towards achieving goals and objectives. Additionally, it can improve employee satisfaction and overall organizational success.