Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Momentum Flux Correction Factor

1. May 30, 2015 #1
    I'm a bit confused about the momentum flux correction factor which shows up in the conservation of linear momentum equation for fluids. What I am confused about is when the factor is used. The linear momentum equation has its general form and then a simplified form where the momentum flux integral reduces to [itex]\dot m V [/itex] for duct flow through a one dimensional cross-section. Is the correction factor applied to the general equation or the simplified one? I think it is the simplified form because the integral would take care of the non uniform flow but I just want to be sure before I write it down in my notes.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 5, 2015 #2
    Thanks for the post! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook