Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Monday Morning Test

1. Mar 24, 2009 #1
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 25, 2009 #2
    missed the Ark question

4. Mar 25, 2009 #3
    I got the legal in California answer wrong even though I got the joke. I don't agree that something which is impossible is illegal. For something to be illegal, there has to be a law against it. I doubt that such a law exists.

5. Mar 25, 2009 #4

DaveC426913

Gold Member

11/11 Gee, me and two other people got this.

It would be illegal for her to be a widow if you were still alive.

6. Mar 25, 2009 #5
    That's irrelevant and immaterial - Ham Burger.

7. Mar 25, 2009 #6
    I think generally you have to establish that both parties are mutually consenting in order to marry, and you can't establish the consent of a dead person. Although, hmmm... it strikes me as not impossible that they might perform posthumous marriages for things like soldiers who died in battle. So... maybe?

DaveE

8. Mar 26, 2009 #7
    Could have made this stipulation before his demise ? Think it would hold up ?

9. Mar 26, 2009 #8
    Yeah, I'm not sure-- I can imagine it being iffy. There might be disputes in those cases where a potential "wife" would by default be able to lay claim to the deceased's value (property, money, etc). I can easily imagine that this has come up before and that there's some sort of legal precedent that's been established. I'm just too lazy to go verify it.

DaveE

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook